Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Whats your net worth
View Single Post
Old 20-05-2011, 12:35 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
well, i have bought unit trusts before (using my CPF), and till date, they are losing money. Even though these financial apparatus that are supposed to generate positive returns carry risks, and I got nothing to say about that.

thanks for the encouragement, but i think i wouldn't have the appetite for stocks-picking. Yes, i have done some research on ETF, shares in US & SG, went for courses after courses (free ones) on forex, futures and options. I always stop short of investing into them - i always let my friend (who is currently in $30k debt) try and he... always loses..

in fact, most of my friends who are damping on stocks are not in the positive note as well. i would like to go further by suggesting that perhaps it's not possible for Singaporeans (or sti stocks) to go 3-10 folds returns, unlike those days when we were still a developing country. I could be wrong of course, things always change, especially in the financial climate.

i have thought of dollar-averaging the stocks, but... thinking about it since 4 years ago, and i'm still here.

sometimes, i feel like i'm a cheapo. espeically when i pass by the NTUC store every thursday, I would take a look at the newspaper posted at the board and check out the discounts. I also use my NTUC fairprice credit card to the max and as much as possible, ALL MY THINGS bought from NTUC are NTUC products too.

i guess that's what people say: penny wise, pound foolish (for not able to generate returns using the capital i have).
just buy some blue chip stocks when the next financial crisis strikes.