Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Compare civil service salary
View Single Post
Old 17-05-2011, 09:37 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
I'm on the hipo scheme myself. I don't think it makes me more important. I just means I might be able to contribute a little more in the longer term when I'm more experienced. I will be 33 this year. My hipo allowance when i was mx11 was 18k per year. I'm not sure if my hipo allowance will increase as i've just been promoted to mx10.

Notwithstanding this, I've been thinking about leaving service. It is not so much about the money though. In my view, money is important but not critical when it comes to making career decisions. Rather, it is a question of whether I will be happy in the longer term if I remained in service vis-a-vis trying out something new in the private sector. Whether I can leverage more on my strengths if I do work that can tap on other skill-sets.

Hi there. I'm the guy with 3 years of service who posted earlier.

Can i check if you're a scholar? When did you get into hipo? How many years of service?

Realised that the hipo and MA allowances are sometimes not enough to retain ppl in the service. For those who are not in the programme, it's hard to understand why ppl leave when the allowance given is on top of their annual pay. But i guess like what you have pointed out, its the satisfaction/happiness in the longer term.