Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Compare civil service salary
View Single Post
Old 17-05-2011, 09:12 PM

Anonymous is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have a friend who work in ministry, in her late 30's, she told me that she one of those more important personnel. I don't know what is her MX level. She told me that her boss/ministry in order to prevent these 'IMPT' people from leaving or to retain staff, the ministry is given her $10K bonus for every 3 months of bond to stay in ministry. So in 1 year, she takes a total of $40K bonded bonus, which is on top of the mid-year bonus, year-end bonus, 13th month bonus & PB in April !!! Is this really true?
I'm on the hipo scheme myself. I don't think it makes me more important. I just means I might be able to contribute a little more in the longer term when I'm more experienced. I will be 33 this year. My hipo allowance when i was mx11 was 18k per year. I'm not sure if my hipo allowance will increase as i've just been promoted to mx10.

Notwithstanding this, I've been thinking about leaving service. It is not so much about the money though. In my view, money is important but not critical when it comes to making career decisions. Rather, it is a question of whether I will be happy in the longer term if I remained in service vis-a-vis trying out something new in the private sector. Whether I can leverage more on my strengths if I do work that can tap on other skill-sets.