Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - ITE Polytechnic Scheme
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2019, 08:31 PM
Unregistered

Default Zap Zap Kaboom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Are you in poly or ITE. 4 years still contract?
You should be offered a tenure at year 3, 6 mths before your 2nd contract is up right?
My personal experience, hired at AX5A, convert to ips6, promoted to ips 7 all within 3 years.
Maybe your performance not so ideal in your department.
I've been in polys and now adjunct - more than a decade of experience in the poly circuit. I'd like to point out that your example and other's are different because the system is very flawed and dependent upon a number of factors. Realistically, I'm not expecting the system to be perfect, but however due to it's flawed nature, the discrepancies can be big. I believed you have a good manager, or good management within your department, appreciative and strong presence, plus some unique factors that allowed you to be 'promoted' fast. Your pace of promotion is uncommon but not unrealistic as I have witnessed it more than once. I do have colleagues who received the shorter end of the stick, and I myself have experienced that too, never mind how much we have contributed, our deep experience - or even single-handedly contributed important things. The team/school within the institution can be very punishing, and in time, one will realized that another school/team ain't like that, but too bad, those are different fields. This is also the reason why some schools/teams have higher turnover rates while others are 'over-flowing'... all within the same institution.