Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Anyone jobless for a long time before?
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2019, 05:39 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexazh1989 View Post
yes i get that feeling, any advice on how to survive the emotional stress during this period? been feeling stressed out as my parents have been asking me about my job search, although my girlfriend is rather chill about it
I guess always make sure you have a backup plan and that will be a huge load of stress off. For myself, I know I can go back to my previous jobs easily so it's not the end of the world for me. But because I didn't want, I have to make sure I find a job before I'm left with no choice.

Give yourself a deadline based on how much your savings can last. You shouldn't be feeling "I don't know how long this will go on", that statement really makes you feel more down. I gave myself until August so at least there's a "goal" for me to run.

There was 2 weeks in June that was really dry with no calls but only online rejections despite actively applying and I was really quite stressed out. So I started reflecting why didn't I get any interview? I revamped my resume, put in valuable skills that will improve my chances and readjusted my expectations.

Also look for alternatives and open up to other industries. There are plenty of careers out there, is just whether you want or not. I actually applied to four different industries even though I have a preferred industry. But when you constantly have interview opportunities, you won't feel so empty and stressed daily because you know you have something to fall back on.

Lastly, be really prepared for your interview and do more than required. The more interviews I went, the more confident I became because it became repetitive. There are many employers who still value good attitude over experience.

All the best bro!