Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Local employers' perception of Australian uni grads
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2011, 04:21 PM
Unregistered

I do admit that local employers do not perceive australian graduates as the best of the lot. I would think this is due to the sheer number of singaporeans getting external degrees from australian universities from private schools such as SIM. However, top australian universities do not offer such external programs and its mostly the middle to the lower tier ones that do so.

The second thing i would like to address is the experience of studying overseas. It is something that is irreplacable and i think one should have to chance if financial constraints permit. Having to wash your 1 month old sock, your 6 month old bed sheet, running out of allowance before the month is up and cooking your own dinner is something that you hate but you will remember fondly of the times you HAD to. More importantly, I believe it allows you to view the world in a different perspective and this in turns makes you a more well rounded, open minded and receptive person.

FROM a melburnian