Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Cornell vs Cambridge vs SMU
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2011, 12:42 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi, I'm a 2010 grad from Wharton's undergraduate program and will be working in New York. I would say that most of us (including me) got jobs through on-campus recruitment. The Bulge Bracket offers this year for me and my fellow graduates were about $80-90K and a $20-30K signon bonus as a generalist analyst. I'm told they were higher than last year by Wharton's career placement office (which is a really fantastic organisation). I'm told that some of the top students like the valedictorian were able to get offers over $100K. There was a guaranteed minimum bonus in some of our offers, but most of us expect to get more - at least 6-12 months for our first bonus because we are going to work our asses off. The guys who went to the boutiques, hedge funds and smaller firms got a little less at $40-70K.
feels good to inflate that number a little bit to make you feel important eh? don't worry, i've been there, done that. my guess is you are probably offered 75k base with 10k sign on and 5k relocation (if you are lucky). And guaranteed bonus for generalist analyst? who are you kidding? Also, 6-12months because you work hard? kiddo, it is not how hard you work, it is how much rain you bring in, and go read frank-dodd.