Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Compare civil service salary
View Single Post
Old 26-04-2019, 12:15 PM
Unregistered

Talking Imho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I can imagine people doing that though, "my friend gets near to 4k why am i getting only 3.2. i feel unfair" or i can also imagine people rejecting the job after believing they are underpaid by these hearsay.

And then find their way into "anyone unemployed for a long time" haha. OK ok, pardon my sarcasm.

Person A takes 4.5k works 996 (says Jack Ma) and Person B take 3.4k goes home on time, per hour salary is reasonable what... As mid career, I rarely meet people who take 4.5K n can go Jb eat seafood dinner. If they do go home, they actually are on standby and must reply email anytime the phone buzz.

People love to brag with numbers... The sacrifices they make only they know.

QUOTE=Unregistered;117682]Yes, 18 months is really high right, i was like wow when he told me that. I am so envious of his paycheque.

normal prescribed working hours, but often works until 10+ to 11+. Need to fly around sometimes, but get glamorous treatments to events like F1 paddock clubs. It's really like the government investment bank to some extent, trying to improve Singapore's economy by getting people to invest in Singapore. Was told that there's a lot of scholars there also, like a rite of passage to understand the development of Singapore's economy.[/QUOTE]
Till midnight and need to fly is already not normal prescribed hours. But youngsters can learn more while energy is not a problem.

Glam treatment.. Flying... Is not for everyone. Flying means u got to sleep on the plane and rush for meeting the moment u land. Sometimes after meeting rush back and present to your directors, no such thing as extend the trip. And all this takes place during the weekend. Your directors presentation is Monday morning and you are sleep deprived.

Going to f1 paddock but don't mean you bring your wife children girlfriend along.. You go there to entertain as a representative of your company. Good for some nightmare for others.

One mans meat another man's poison. My mom always hear her sister bragging about f1.. About business trip bring back nice things for her... Fly 3 times a month, but my cousin always quietly share w us say not worth the 5k... Looking for less money less demand. 1 month out of 4 weekends he burns 2.

Good if one enjoys it, and nice on the resume.. I'm just offering the negative perspective for consideration.