Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Anyone jobless for a long time before?
View Single Post
Old 25-04-2019, 08:20 PM
Verified Member

JobHunter45 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You are the first case I heard of that didn't say they are useless or just sell bodies to small companies. Did you find through your own labour or was it also thru their network?
I did it largely through my own efforts although the career coach sat down with me to go through job advertisements and pointed out how to sieve through ads to find jobs with a better match to my experience/interest, which would hopefully lead to higher chances of being shortlisted. Besides that, I had also contacted lots of people to ask if they knew of any opening and went to career fairs. The career coach also help me keep a lookout in their network, though nothing suitable came up.

I went through the dark phase before, lamenting that I'm useless, jobless before even hitting 30 etc etc. was very lucky to have support of family/friends who kept encouraging me to keep my spirits up. having gone through that phase, i can sympathise with those who feel that there is no hope in job hunting and say things like they are useless or just a body etc....