Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Anyone jobless for a long time before?
View Single Post
Old 22-04-2019, 03:50 PM
Unregistered

Red face Don't give up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Today marks one year since my final year exams ended last year. Still unable to grasp a perm job. Not sure what to feel as now, I have to compete with my friends and 'fresher' graduates graduating this year...

Anyone can suggest how/where to apply for jobs properly? Not sure if I am doing something wrong.

Am I suppose to take extra certs or something? Currently my contract job is ending in 2 months, and the company is unable to open headcount too...Time is ticking away too fast.
I shortened your quote but I feel your pain.

My young cousins are also getting sick of gaming by now... And parents cut their allowance to force them out of the door... Haha

Have you considered internship, temp to perm... There's a thread here devoted to all the programs to apply to. My cousins said their friends got perm position thru temp work n internship after they put in effort to network. My cousins are sadly quite introvert just like their parents. Getting a job this way allows the dept head to ignore your grades and focus on your abilities on the job.

When you apply for job, since your grades are average, don't include the transcript in the initial application unless they demand for it.
Do your homework on the company and point out a thing or two that is problematic in your opinion and how you think it can be overcome. If straightforward cannot get the job then try to be critical! What have you got to lose after 1 year anniversary.
Put this in a solid cover letter, send it to the CEO if u can find it, CC to the HR.

Im sorry to hear that this company, temp to perm isn't working out. Try 1 step further, ask if they know of their industry partners hiring. If u have been performing well, any kind boss won't mind making a call or two to try.

Like I said, you have nothing to lose, except your sanity

Would you like to share your qualification and preferred field? You never know someone may just post something useful.