Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Anyone jobless for a long time before?
View Single Post
Old 26-03-2019, 10:41 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
err no assumptions made here, it is a fact that if ur gpa is less than 3 out of a 5.0 scale, ur chance of going into a top MBA school that can actually have such a salary jump is almost zero, unless pull strings? Donations into school from your dad?

next thing is ur 'higher degree' with a more than 4 out of 5 i assume? isnt that stellar either, its just slightly above avg in today's inflated grade market. And since ur GPA was less than 3, no way u qualified for a good school for a masters or PhD, its just not possible lol, unless u have some real good reason why ur GPA is less than 3 or have some commendable community work with impact
Through work experience and portfolio. I think we have different ideas of what constitutes a "good school". Good enough for me, the paper helps to get interview and increase chances for promotion. Without my higher degree public service never called.

A GPA of 4/5 for work and study is "amazing" , I quote my professor. I was not sponsored by my company and thus, received no discount in terms of workload or time off. Maybe it's "inflated" , but it looks good in my resume, conferred by a good uni that's good enough for me.

You can choose not to believe me, or the engineer who's doing well now. Just two jokers who bother to try inspire others that with hard work and some luck, it is possible. SG already reached the point alike India graduates are jobless and driving taxis. A paper no longer entitle us to the job, it only increase our chance to be at the interview and be considered for promotion. Our attitude and experience gets the job.