Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Career as Teacher
View Single Post
Old 25-09-2018, 12:24 AM
Unregistered

[QUOTE=Unregistered;110454]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

To be honest, I merely mentioned it to my ROs for the past few years. And I feel that based on my past performances, I seems to be doing well for my grade. But that could be the case where I don't have many colleague who are in the same grade as me. I'm wondering if I talk to my SLs, will they see me in a different light? Probably another perspective which might not be good. To be honest, I feel very confident of my inter-personal skills as well a colleague with a good EQ. At the end of the day, I think I'll need a chance to prove myself in a position. They did put me as either 1st or 2nd IC of a committee or event, but usually those are once off thing.
That’s why I say find opportunity to speak to SL. Don’t stomp into their office. I think that may be awkward. Find opportunities in the canteen. Those are good opportunities to chit chat with them and while in the midst of talking, ask them how can you get to a leadership role. Never position it as why they did not choose you as a KP. Instead, ask them what are some qualities they look for in a leader and how can you reach there. This way, they will know your aspirations and most leaders do like proactive teachers.