Thread: Lawyer Salary
View Single Post
Old 28-07-2018, 06:33 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i agree, but

1) isn't CC in singapore quite good?

2) i've calculated and based on tax regime / living costs of living in london, i don't earn that much more in the UK compared to SG

3) hard to make friends with brits lol, in my time there i much preferred the intls
1) As good as it may be in the Singapore market, its the equivalent of working in say Lee Hishammuddin Allen & Gledhill instead of A&G Singapore. Its always better to work where the shot callers are, especially for career progression and job security. E.g. in a financial downturn, do you think firm leaders will be more prepared to axe the lawyers a few doors down from them or those in a far flung (and most likely less profitable) office.

2) During your TC you might not be saving much more than in SG (largely due to housing costs - but do you really want to be living with your parents in SG until your early 30s?), but at NQ and above your salary will quickly outstrip those in SG. And if you can make it as partner at a top firm in London, your income will be astronomical compared to any SG firm.

3) Plenty of international people in London. Very cosmopolitan city.

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app