Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Career as Teacher
View Single Post
Old 13-07-2018, 09:00 AM
Unregistered

Unhappy Untrained teacher- mid career

Hi all,
I just went for an untrained teacher interview yesterday.
Female, aged 50, have 26 years of media advertising work experience.
Last few job positions held are Director, business Director, Strategy Director.
Decided to switch to teaching as I love to work with children and have passion in teaching
And founded a tuition centre and taught all primary level for all subjects for 6 years previously.
Shortlisted to teach primary English and Maths.

Before the interview, we were requested to submit some documents according to a given checklist. I followed this list strictly and did not think I could submit additional documents over and above what was requested in the list.

But the officer checking the documents asked me if I have any additional documents to submit.

My questions are:
- If I submit additional documents eg previous job appointment with offered salary, would it actually help MOE to determine the salary offered to us eventually? Obviously all of us have commitment on fixed housing loan, car loans, children’s education etc etc.
- Will this increase my chances of getting the higher end of untrained teacher salary? Understand that MOE HR has a salary scale to follow.

Appreciate if there is any MOE HR here advise me or any past interviewees could share their experiences too.

Grateful for any help/advice.

Confused