Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Career as Teacher
View Single Post
Old 13-07-2018, 08:11 AM
Unregistered

Unhappy Untrained Teacher - mid career

Hi all,
I just went to an untrained teacher (Primary- English and Maths) interview yesterday.
Female, aged 50, used to be from media advertising sector as a Director.
Decided that I want to pursue teaching to help shape the younger generation.

I was given a checklist of documents for submission prior to the interview date and I followed that strictly. It did not even think I could submit additional supportive documents.
The 3-part interview went well. But before the interview took place, the admin person who checked the submitted documents actually asked me if I have any additional documents over and above the checklist to submit.

This sets me thinking the whole day after the interview if I have submitted my previous job employment letters with stated offered salary, would it have help MOE to decide on my starting pay? Or does MOE HR already has a set salary range that they followed when deciding how much to offer candidates?

Just wondering if it would have helped them to offer me a higher end of the salary range if I have submitted additional documents....as I have fixed cost such as home mortgage, children’s university education fees and car that I have to pay too.

Appreciate if any MOE HR or past interviewees could share their experience or thoughts. Great thanks in advance.
Confused