Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Career as Teacher
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2018, 09:53 PM
Unregistered

Ultimately, situation will depend on school leaders.

a) Could be almost immediate; could be awhile (if they want to clear other candidates before making a decision).

b) I would assume so (but have no actual experience).

c) Probably the same way they contacted you for the interview (email/message). If they're making a formal offer, they will send it via HRMS and you will need to respond via the system within three working days.

If you find that you would like to request an update from a school (e.g. have received an offer from second choice school, but still waiting for first choice) you can always try contacting them to request for an update (possibly explaining the situation). You should probably only do this if you're prepared to accept an offer from that school, though.

All the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
Hey all. I'm not sure whether this question has been asked before. But it will be great if someone can enlighten me. I have just applied for 4 schools during the open posting exercise. Have been to 2 interviews and 2 more to go next week. I am just wondering:

a) How long will the school take to get back to you if they are interested in accepting you, from the date of interview?

b) Am I right to say that if I do not hear from any of the schools by the last day of the open posting exercise, that means I am being rejected?

c) What is the mode of contact that they will use to get back to me if I'm accepted?

It will be a nail-biting wait for sure. First time applying for open posting after 10 years of being in my one and only school, which explains my noobness in all this.

Will appreciate a response soon!