Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Working in a bank
View Single Post
Old 20-05-2018, 11:22 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi, would like to get some advice on how to move into a front office role. I've been in ops for 10 months after graduating. I am not too concerned about salary at the moment but I would like to get into a role that is more exciting and less mundane.

What kind of entry-level front office roles are there? I ask this as so far all the junior/asst RM roles or other related roles i've come across require around 2/3 years of exp.
RM for the usual corporate and consumer banking is just a low level sales & customer service job struggling to meet monthly kpi. It's no better than ops in terms of progression and pay.

It is just as mundane and exciting as any other job. Time to adjust your expectations to the real world and stop thinking about short cuts to an adventure, a job is to make a living, being passionate or excited about it is a bonus not a normal thing.

Those "real" FO jobs that you guys in banking keep thinking of belongs to only a very small niche and if you can even get in the 1st place won't be working at ops already.