Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Lawyer Salary
Thread: Lawyer Salary
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2018, 08:19 AM
unregistered

Hi all,

I've been following this thread for a while and have observed quite a lot of good information here, though there is the occasional divergence from the topic. I'm looking for some advice and perspectives from seniors/lawyers who've been or in or have friends in similar situations.

If you had a choice to do a TC at an international firm in singapore (think a&o/cc/bakers) or at a US firm(s) in London (with no/limited presence in singapore but not necessarily hk/asia- think kirkland/debevoise/skadden), where would you prefer to do your TC at and why?

I'm especially interested to know:

- what advantages I would gain from starting at CC singapore (that would make up for the opportunity cost of working in london/a US firm) = I'm aware that CC and A&O sends their trainees for 6-month secondments to London and there is the prospect of dual-qualification

- how the private equity market is like in singapore? if anyone can expand on whether PE experience in a firm in london would be valued in singapore, this would be helpful! (interested in this especially because i heard that the PE market in singapore is quite dry?)

thanks for your help guys! any insight would really be appreciated