Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Working in a bank
View Single Post
Old 28-03-2011, 02:53 PM
anoldanalyst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You must be really passionate about equities or extremely keen on making that bonus that's counted in years. 7am to midnight! My goodness. Life is not just about equities and making money. If you have children, do they still recognize you after all these years? Sorry I'm being blunt here, but the other guy is right in saying it's easier to build from scratch another Osim and Hyflux (in your equities research, have you ever analyzed how these founders made it?).
Haha, I used to interact with both Ron and Olivia and both are extremely driven personalities, far more so than me. I seriously doubt I would take the risks that they have taken. For every Ron Sim and every Olivia Lum, many many have failed. But for those like them who succeed, the rewards are hundreds of millions, rather than my modest (compared to them) net worth.

I'm not that passionate about equities, but coming from a poor background, I did dream about having a bungalow and a supercar. Fortunately I got there, semi-retired and managed to bond with the kids before they left the nest (helps to have children young!)