Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Lawyer Salary
Thread: Lawyer Salary
View Single Post
Old 26-02-2018, 12:59 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Anyway I don’t know which department you’re in. But if you’re in things like IP/TMT, obviosuly your hours and workload is far much lesser than say someone in capital markets.
In a big law firm with many different practice areas, it doesn’t mean all department have bad hours. But it isn’t correct to compare when you are fortunate enough to be in a practice area that have it easier as compared to your peers, and the fact that both of you draws the same is simply outrageous.
uhhh what is there to be 'correct' or 'not correct' about? i was simply addressing #2216's post that our salary - when compared against other grads/industries - is terrible based on the number of hours we work/hourly rates. all i'm saying is, a lot of fresh grads generally have it tough everywhere, whether its big4 audit or oglivy or random startup. if anything, it is incorrect to think that only lawyers have it tough/the worst hours.

of course i recognise that i am fortunate compared to my peers in the legal fraternity and my experiences are not representative of every single young lawyer out there. get off your moral high horse.