Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Working in a bank
View Single Post
Old 25-03-2011, 08:29 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Forging new grounds should be in starting business ventures and entrepreneurship.

Working for others is not forging new ground. Moreover, I personally feel that the finance sector is too bloated with too many overpaid people. But that's another discussion for another day.

The advice given here are all good advice. Maybe the RSAF guy should go ahead and update us all on his battle stories. I bet he doesn't even know how and where to start.

And when your son says he wants to be President of USA or King of Saudi Arabia, encourage him and tell him nothing is impossible. Keep trying and one day he'll achieve his dream.
I never said forging new grounds = entrepreneurship. Banking and Finance is steadily approaching the prestige levels of Medicine and Law and while I will give my son a shove towards Finance, I will not discourage him if he were to, say, major in Music or Art instead. I will not go into a lengthy debate on on rawl's distritutive justice (if you can see the link) and blah blah here but I want to emphasize that Social Darwinism operates at an op-pressingly high level here, and people who cant produce what society/government? wants end up holding the shorter end of the stick.

I still love the pap but they seriously need to wake up. would vote for opp only if their candidates actually sound like they know what they are talking about.

I digress. lets not talk about politics here.