Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Aircraft Maintenance License and Courses
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2017, 12:30 AM
Unregistered

Default Part 2 answer

after u get ur license and have at least 8 to 10 years of experience, u can move up the ranks to be white collar in the office or white collar on ground, meaning executive.

increment wise, i can say in general, it ranges from 0 to 250, depending on the company and seniority. lowest i heard came from ST Aero, again, u need to ask around, i cant confirm.

lastly, if ur taking degree, i beg you, please do not take aerospace degree. please take something general like mechanical or electrical engineering. the market for those degrees is bigger than aviation degree, and they are still widely accepted by aviation companies.

so even though u hate or have no interest in mechanical or electrical, lets face it, its just 4 years of studying versus 20-30 years of working. i have a hard time using my diploma to find jobs in other industries like oil n gas.
take something general to be safe, u can study about how aircrafts fly via or online.

if u want evidence....go to jobstreet website and search under aviation and compare with other engineering industries. u can count the number of job openings under aviation versus everything else and how many wants mechanical/electrical engineering.

thats all from my sincere advice. if u still choose to take aerospace degree, go ahead, be confident and dont regret it in the future.

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app