Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Aircraft Maintenance License and Courses
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2017, 12:23 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamamiaa View Post
The reason I am writing this post here is that I am kinda in a dilemma of what I should be doing in future (study more, which I don't really mind. or just start work, which I don't mind too because there's money).

From what I have learnt from my friends and also reading this thread, there are 2 companies (please correct me if i am wrong) which are offering programmes to train people to become an LAE (which is to attain a CAAS license).

For SASCO, they have a 8 year programme which trains you to be an LAE in 4 years and then another 4 year bond. Pay wise if i'm not wrong its as described in the post dated 19-10-2017 for a diploma holder. I would like to know if the starting pay is the same for a degree holder? and also what will/might be the pay increment after I am officially an LAE or even after I have finished my bond. like the basic pay, OT pay etc. :x

For the other company which is SIAEC, I heard that they are only accepting degree holders. However, their programme is 5 years. But I don't really know much about their pay.

Let's say I complete my bond with either of the companies if I apply for a job as a line maintenance engineer(the one who checks and signs off planes before they depart), may I know the earning scheme of these people? and also what kind of other jobs can I get if I am an LAE.

If I were to pursue a uni degree, I would most probably be going for Aerospace Engineering at NTU or Aircraft Systems Engineering at SIT.

In addition to the things I mentioned above, I heard that the Oil and Gas industry is also a very lucrative one. It is possible to apply for a position there with either one of the uni degrees?
hi there young one. i will try to guide u to the safest path as much as i can, and not to repeat my mistake and get stuck in this.

my background, i have an aerospace electronics diploma (which i feel like tearing it up) and currently working in a big stable aviation MRO. i tell you, the starting pay for an aviation technician across most (if not all) aviation companies is around 1700 to 2000 minimum. the highest gross i know is 2.3k with all the allowances, thats in SIAEC. increment yearly would probably be around 70 to 150 except for ST Aerospace.
bonus wise ranging from 1.x to max 4 months, also have AWS aka 13th month bonus.
in order for you to become an engineer in any of these companies u need a degree in engineering.
otherwise, count your number of years as technician before u can transfer department and become an engineer.
otherwise, you can become a technician forever and work base on shift and OT to increase your monthly gross, prospect is to become a lead technician and then team leader, nothing wrong with this if ur comfortable with it.

my advise is, go get a degree with your gpa now to be an engineer if that is what u want.

for ST Aerospace Services Co Pte Ltd, a degree holder will start 2.3k if i remember correctly. when you're training for LAE in that 4 years there's always a chance you may be demoted to technician should you fail their requirements. so u cant let your guard down till u get that precious license. once ur demoted, uve to serve your bond till finish.

SIAEC is the same period, 4 years. then 4 years bond. someone told me, or ive read somewhere, that the pay is 2.5k for the duration of your training and no bonuses will be given, u need to ask around to confirm this.