Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Aircraft Maintenance License and Courses
View Single Post
Old 29-10-2017, 10:38 PM
mamamiaa

Default Queries and Clarifications

Hi everyone here, I am writing this long post here because I would like to seek the opinions of the people here. (TLAE, LAE, anyone that knows something that might be helpful to me in making my decision)

I am currently in my final year of study in a local polytechnic. I will be graduating next year with a Diploma in Aerospace Engineering with a cGPA of about 3.46.

The reason I am writing this post here is that I am kinda in a dilemma of what I should be doing in future (study more, which I don't really mind. or just start work, which I don't mind too because there's money).

From what I have learnt from my friends and also reading this thread, there are 2 companies (please correct me if i am wrong) which are offering programmes to train people to become an LAE (which is to attain a CAAS license).

For SASCO, they have a 8 year programme which trains you to be an LAE in 4 years and then another 4 year bond. Pay wise if i'm not wrong its as described in the post dated 19-10-2017 for a diploma holder. I would like to know if the starting pay is the same for a degree holder? and also what will/might be the pay increment after I am officially an LAE or even after I have finished my bond. like the basic pay, OT pay etc. :x

For the other company which is SIAEC, I heard that they are only accepting degree holders. However, their programme is 5 years. But I don't really know much about their pay.

Let's say I complete my bond with either of the companies if I apply for a job as a line maintenance engineer(the one who checks and signs off planes before they depart), may I know the earning scheme of these people? and also what kind of other jobs can I get if I am an LAE.

If I were to pursue a uni degree, I would most probably be going for Aerospace Engineering at NTU or Aircraft Systems Engineering at SIT.

In addition to the things I mentioned above, I heard that the Oil and Gas industry is also a very lucrative one. It is possible to apply for a position there with either one of the uni degrees?

I would really appreciate if someone can read this post and advice me on what i should do. ( and also clarify my doubts if you can :P ).
Thank you !!