Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Aircraft Maintenance License and Courses
View Single Post
Old 28-09-2017, 01:18 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi everybody and I'm from Malaysia. I graduated from a uni in mechanical eng. recently and wish to study in aircraft maintenance.
Does anyone currently in SIAEC aircraft maintenance engineer trainee program?
I am interested in this program but the information provided on official website is so little so hopefully can get answer from senior here

1) How many allowance will be given during training?
2) Does hostel provided or we have to find own accomoadation?
3) After one succesfully finishes the program, the license cretified is issued by CAAS?
4) How long is the bond including the 44 month training and work?

I am new to here and sorry for my bad english. Hopefully can get some answer from you guys. Much appreciated for the help.
From what i have gathered from credible sources, ull get $2500 throughout the 44 months without any bonuses. Ur bonded for 4 years after u finish the course.
Ur training for the CAAS papers therefore ull get only CAAS license.

From what i know, no company in singapore provides accomodation unless ur a high level executive or a labour worker working in construction.
Not every country in the world is like UAE who provides place to stay, u also wont get any extra allowances for renting a place.

U can try apply for SIAEC but its quite tough to get in, SIA is a prestigious brand name so they want someone who have good recognized degree and someone who they think would best represent them as LAE.

If ur looking for aircraft maintenance, in singapore only have 3 places where u can start with zero experience and thats SIAEC, ST Aerospace and Jet Aviation. Other than them only take experienced workers.
If u cant get in to any of those 3 pretty much end of the road for aircraft maintenance.