Salary.sg Forums - Reply to Topic
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs > How is life as a doctor in Singapore?

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Salary.sg Forums

Thread: How is life as a doctor in Singapore? Reply to Thread
Your Username: Click here to log in
Human Verification To prove you are a human and not a computer program that spams, please check the box below and answer any further questions if prompted.

Title:
  
Message:
Post Icons
You may choose an icon for your message from the following list:
 

Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

Topic Review (Newest First)
Yesterday 11:59 PM
Unregistered
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
He is leading us in the wrong direction during Covid.
that person who said non pt facing= not a doc is obviously a troll. troll on. did you fail to get into med school? dont like that la... you can always be a nurse
Yesterday 06:50 PM
Unregistered
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
kenneth mak still a practising doctor on top of admin duties, prolly half day or something a week
i recently saw a patient who's on regular f/u with him
He is leading us in the wrong direction during Covid.
Yesterday 06:11 PM
Unregistered
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Diagnostic radiology and pathology are very important specialties, together with preventive health. Kenneth mak probably the most important person during covid 😂
kenneth mak still a practising doctor on top of admin duties, prolly half day or something a week
i recently saw a patient who's on regular f/u with him
Yesterday 08:58 AM
Unregistered
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Non pt facing means no more practising in medicine? Are you a doctor to begin with? Hahaha
There are only so many specialities that are non pt facing. No need to ask such question if you are a dr. Lol!
Yesterday 07:22 AM
Unregistered
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Non pt facing means no more practising in medicine? Are you a doctor to begin with? Hahaha
Diagnostic radiology and pathology are very important specialties, together with preventive health. Kenneth mak probably the most important person during covid 😂
Yesterday 06:20 AM
Unregistered
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
So rude. You're the one who asked

"anyways just thought of this- what specialties would you guys choose if not able to get into the specialty you want or things didnt work out as plan for whatever reason?

as for myself, on hindsight, i would prioritise two criteria- non patient facing and hibernating on-calls. money is not a deciding factor"

Volunteer work in healthcare admin satisfies your two criteria right? No calls. Non patient facing.

Non-patient facing basically mean no more practicing medicine isn't it?

Such rudeness. Just because it is not the answer you wanted to hear. Don't ask questions like this in a forum then cos you might as well reply to them ALL with the same answer


"You're not me. Why would you say XYZ work is more rewarding for me? Silly you"
Non pt facing means no more practising in medicine? Are you a doctor to begin with? Hahaha
Yesterday 04:46 AM
Unregistered
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You're not me. Why would you say volunteering work is more rewarding for me? Silly you
So rude. You're the one who asked

"anyways just thought of this- what specialties would you guys choose if not able to get into the specialty you want or things didnt work out as plan for whatever reason?

as for myself, on hindsight, i would prioritise two criteria- non patient facing and hibernating on-calls. money is not a deciding factor"

Volunteer work in healthcare admin satisfies your two criteria right? No calls. Non patient facing.

Non-patient facing basically mean no more practicing medicine isn't it?

Such rudeness. Just because it is not the answer you wanted to hear. Don't ask questions like this in a forum then cos you might as well reply to them ALL with the same answer


"You're not me. Why would you say XYZ work is more rewarding for me? Silly you"
16-09-2021 02:47 PM
Unregistered
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
If money is not a factor maybe you should just find something else to do.

Or maybe go into volunteer work in the medical field. More rewarding. (non financial)
You're not me. Why would you say volunteering work is more rewarding for me? Silly you
16-09-2021 12:08 PM
Unregistered To those of us MOPEXs, good luck for the upcoming mopex selection exercise!
16-09-2021 08:41 AM
Unregistered
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
haha didnt expect that.

anyways just thought of this- what specialties would you guys choose if not able to get into the specialty you want or things didnt work out as plan for whatever reason?

as for myself, on hindsight, i would prioritise two criteria- non patient facing and hibernating on-calls. money is not a deciding factor.
If money is not a factor maybe you should just find something else to do.

Or maybe go into volunteer work in the medical field. More rewarding. (non financial)
This thread has more than 10 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT +8. The time now is 12:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2