Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Investments and Net Worth (https://forums.salary.sg/investments-net-worth/)
-   -   Whats your net worth (https://forums.salary.sg/investments-net-worth/817-whats-your-net-worth.html)

Richie 27-02-2010 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 5288)
Me+wife 36, about 1.5m+0.5m

here are my two cents worth:

- those good teachers who are sad should not be sad, it's what you do with your life...you can go teach chinese in a UK public school and get paid 3 times more, but that means moving/leaving all your life behind, is that what you want? will it make you happy?

- I used to earn/spend like no 2moro, guess i was younger then, so people earning 10k and driving lexus def possible, i used to earn 15k and blow 15k a month, yes it was a great life (but not as good as some of my friends who earn 15k and blow 20k...)

- i guess when i got older (and wiser) i earn 20k and blow 'only' 5k...and now my credit card bill doesnt even get past 1k...! how life changes! and I feel equally happy...

- those who take some risks get rewarded...if you worry all the time if you buy some stocks/property it will go down etc. then you're never going to get rich. My bro, 5 years older, does that and has stashed hard earned salary in HSBC for 20 years eanring 2% p.a.. I am now double his networth. He is certianly more frugal than me too. The difference is I invest 50% of what i save over 10-15 years on stocks, funds, property, trades, business etc etc..

anyway, more important to find happiness in life..it's worth a lot more, we all only get 1 life each!

Nice story.

Unregistered 28-02-2010 11:01 AM

I was 33 and had $2.2 mil cash excluding residence, after working for 6 years. But now it is still the same. I had a problem growing money the last 2 years n was a failure. Lost in all the investments i made.

Now figuring out how much is enough to stop working, n start doing things i really like. I am thinkg 4 mil for a simple life, except with non stop travel round the world.

Figured i can continue working n be much much richer, but i work 15 hrs a day. I have no life. And life is short, I wouldn't know when i will get cancer, that is the day I will regret if I continue working n working..... very sad

Unregistered 28-02-2010 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 5303)
I was 33 and had $2.2 mil cash excluding residence, after working for 6 years. But now it is still the same. I had a problem growing money the last 2 years n was a failure. Lost in all the investments i made.

Now figuring out how much is enough to stop working, n start doing things i really like. I am thinkg 4 mil for a simple life, except with non stop travel round the world.

Figured i can continue working n be much much richer, but i work 15 hrs a day. I have no life. And life is short, I wouldn't know when i will get cancer, that is the day I will regret if I continue working n working..... very sad

You from IMH? You are a real sad case.

Unregistered 01-03-2010 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 5247)
Why do you find it hard to believe? It just means they don't save a lot!

I know of a single who drives Audi A8 and lives in a prime condo studio. He doesn't save a lot and believes strongly in "living for today". If you question his extravagance, he'll ask you back: why save so much when you can't bring it with you when you die, and it could be tomorrow that you die.

yes, what u have is what u had spent...leave behind does not belong to u

Bragging Corner 01-03-2010 10:27 PM

ALAMAK! Bragging Corner for Make believes, the Haves-not and the Wanna-bes?

Hahaha.. Lemme start!

Networth excluding Primary residences (ZILCH LOAN) - sgd$6mil
Car Driven : Mercedes E class
Primary Residence : HDB

WOOHOOO!

Unregistered 02-03-2010 11:29 AM

if you read properly, I do not think they are bragging.

Unregistered 02-03-2010 11:33 AM

Wrong calculation

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 5289)
50 yrs
cash $6.2 mil
stocks $600k
cpf $450k
1 property in malaysia fully paid, value ?? M$1.5 mil

Staying in bungalow - loan 8.6mil

networth $0

For someone who saved 8.6m, your math sure is bad. Your networth is not $0. All our assets can pay off your loan so your asset is your bungalow. Say its worth $15m, then your net worth is $15m

calculator 02-03-2010 12:41 PM

still wrong

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 5317)
For someone who saved 8.6m, your math sure is bad. Your networth is not $0. All our assets can pay off your loan so your asset is your bungalow. Say its worth $15m, then your net worth is $15m

Still wrong lah. I guess he's trying to exclude his property of residence. In that case, his net worth is just his assets, including his fully paid up m'sian ppty:

622k (MYR1.5m) + 6200k + 600k + 450k = $7.8 million

If he wants to include his stay-in bungalow, just add whatever net value the bungalow is worth e.g. if it fetches $10m from market, it will be $10m - $8.6m = $1.4m, bringing his net worth to $9.2m.

He's almost a decamillionaire.

Unregistered 02-03-2010 01:27 PM

Bragging Corner

Ok, They are not bragging.. Me neither.

IT Manager 02-03-2010 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 5316)
if you read properly, I do not think they are bragging.

Guess you lack the comprehension skills, or are you the troll that post those craps/brags. :D