Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Investments and Net Worth (https://forums.salary.sg/investments-net-worth/)
-   -   Whats your net worth (https://forums.salary.sg/investments-net-worth/817-whats-your-net-worth.html)

Unregistered 02-03-2010 04:19 PM

The title of the forum is what is your networth.

The millionaires are just responding to the question. How is that bragging.

Unregistered 02-03-2010 10:24 PM

Most of the people I know have this amount or more.

I am sure they are definitely not bragging.

Take me for example.

34 years old
890,000 cash
1.2 mil stocks
1.3 mil property, still owes the bank 430k.

I worked hard for my money and I am here to share my knowledge about making money. What do I get in return? Nothing!

Why should I brag?

Unregistered 03-03-2010 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 5321)
The title of the forum is what is your networth.

The millionaires are just responding to the question. How is that bragging.

Definitely, those who alleged others are bragging are themselves NOT bragging! :)

IT Manager 03-03-2010 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 5323)
Definitely, those who alleged others are bragging are themselves NOT bragging! :)

You are so gullible, or MAY BE you are just a troll responding to your own post. If thats the case, you really need to get a life, boy.

Unregistered 03-03-2010 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IT Manager (Post 5320)
Guess you lack the comprehension skills, or are you the troll that post those craps/brags. :D

I'm the troll that post those craps.
You're the troll that replies those craps.

IT Manager 04-03-2010 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 5327)
I'm the troll that post those craps.
You're the troll that replies those craps.

Reply? You mean expose your craps? Improve your English before you post rebuttals.

Unregistered 04-03-2010 10:12 PM

I feel it is pointless to discuss of net worth. What is more important is contentment and happiness. I have met over my job hundreds of people (mostly bosses of big companies) who have tens or hundreds of millions. I often ask them, on a personal basis, is the money enough for you, why work so hard when you have so much money. how much can you spend. They always tell me it is not enough. None of them has told me they have enough.

For me, if I have a small portion of what they have, I think it is enough. Of course, if I ever reach that league, which I do not need to, I may then think differently.

Contentment is important. I also know people who have no money but are so happy. My parents have no money but they are happy.

No point arguing over net worth

Unregistered 04-03-2010 11:44 PM

Dear wise sage, we all know money can't buy happiness.

But a famous actress best sums up the sentiment for people like us: We would rather be rich and unhappy than poor and unhappy.

Look at all the poor people, do you think they are happier than your rich acquaintances?

Btw, why do you visit this website har? :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 5349)
I feel it is pointless to discuss of net worth. What is more important is contentment and happiness. I have met over my job hundreds of people (mostly bosses of big companies) who have tens or hundreds of millions. I often ask them, on a personal basis, is the money enough for you, why work so hard when you have so much money. how much can you spend. They always tell me it is not enough. None of them has told me they have enough.

For me, if I have a small portion of what they have, I think it is enough. Of course, if I ever reach that league, which I do not need to, I may then think differently.

Contentment is important. I also know people who have no money but are so happy. My parents have no money but they are happy.

Unregistered 08-03-2010 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 5349)

There are two types of post that people despise here, one is crap that mislead people, and the other is out of topic. Either you come to the wrong forum, or you are in self denial. If you are really content, why bother to visit this forum in the first place.

Unregistered 08-03-2010 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 5322)
Most of the people I know have this amount or more.

I am sure they are definitely not bragging.

Take me for example.

34 years old
890,000 cash
1.2 mil stocks
1.3 mil property, still owes the bank 430k.

I worked hard for my money and I am here to share my knowledge about making money. What do I get in return? Nothing!

Why should I brag?

What exactly did you share? If you are really sincere about sharing how you make those money, start a new thread and tell us in details. Else dont brag about sharing, when you didnt.