Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   How much are you earning per annum? (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/831-how-much-you-earning-per-annum.html)

Unregistered 03-12-2014 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 59602)
Car dealer, dont come and scare people la.

COE will drop like a rock to $30k by mid 2016.

LOL

Cat A $67,089

Cat B $74,389

LOL

$30k? ..... LOL

Unregistered 03-12-2014 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 59631)
LOL

Cat A $67,089

Cat B $74,389

LOL

$30k? ..... LOL

Brudder. Saw the timeframe or not?? Mid2016

Unregistered 03-12-2014 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 59632)
Brudder. Saw the timeframe or not?? Mid2016

Mid 2016

Cat A $85k
Cat B $90k

Unregistered 03-12-2014 09:56 PM

Missed the boat. Should have booked my car when Cat B was $65k during July. Now it increase almost $10k for nothing. I have to pray hard for it to drop again soon.

Unregistered 03-12-2014 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 59641)
Missed the boat. Should have booked my car when Cat B was $65k during July. Now it increase almost $10k for nothing. I have to pray hard for it to drop again soon.

I predicted that COE prices will continue to rise and they did. Why didn't you buy a new car earlier? Did you listen to the stupid fool who said prices will drop like a rock to $30k?

Unregistered 04-12-2014 10:55 AM

Regardless of the slight movements in COE prices, I will never buy a car so long as I am still living in singapore. Why? Simple.

Singaporeans fight so hard NOT to have 155k in the CPF as minimum sum which is eventually returned to us as installments.

And yet, car buyers voluntarily give a he same sum of 155k for something as trivial as a car in singapore. Do bear in mind that we are a country small enough not to have a domestic airport. By all means travel from point to point but use taxis. How to get them? Just book lah.

Unregistered 04-12-2014 11:20 AM

It is very clear you fall into the category who has to decide and think twice and thrice about buying a car here. We already said if you are in this category - dont buy.

Anyway, the people who clamoured for the return of their minimum CPF is a minority and is a different group from people buying cars. Dont be surprised if the people buying cars are also people asking to put more into their CPF to earn the higher interest!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 59661)
Regardless of the slight movements in COE prices, I will never buy a car so long as I am still living in singapore. Why? Simple.

Singaporeans fight so hard NOT to have 155k in the CPF as minimum sum which is eventually returned to us as installments.

And yet, car buyers voluntarily give a he same sum of 155k for something as trivial as a car in singapore. Do bear in mind that we are a country small enough not to have a domestic airport. By all means travel from point to point but use taxis. How to get them? Just book lah.

Unregistered 04-12-2014 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 59661)

Its about affordability. Many people in SG are cash rich and dont know what to do with them. Anyway they cannt bring extra cash into the coffin. Or worst give to some PRC god daughter. So might as well spend on themselves to enjoy life.

Unregistered 04-12-2014 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 59665)
Its about affordability. Many people in SG are cash rich and dont know what to do with them. Anyway they cannt bring extra cash into the coffin. Or worst give to some PRC god daughter. So might as well spend on themselves to enjoy life.

This is true. Many people are cash rich. Many flip properties over the past 10 years and made tons of money (now no longer can make money from properties). I made $1m in profits from properties over the past 8 years. So I can afford to buy a new car paid in cash. I'm sure many made a lot more money.

Unregistered 04-12-2014 01:17 PM

You don't need to be very rich in singapore

Just 20 million will do. LOL.

- 8 million for a nice house in sentosa cove. (DOESNT HAVE TO BE THE BIGGEST)
- 2 million for investments so it will pump out income for you to meet daily needs.
- 10 million in cash. buy a 1000kg safe and lock it up in your house. (SO YOU KNOW YOU WILL ALWAYS HAVE MONEY)