Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   How much are you earning per annum? (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/831-how-much-you-earning-per-annum.html)

Unregistered 13-10-2012 03:26 PM

Hi there,

I'm a Legal Counsel for an MNC and have about 8 yrs exp.

I just joined this company 5 months ago after working for 5 years in a law firm in Malaysia.

Currently i'm earning about 80k+ excluding bonus.

Reading some of the posts here... i would think i'm quite lowly paid.

Opinions?

Unregistered 13-10-2012 05:21 PM

45, $110k pa, banking

Fully paid terrace, worth $2m
Condo, worth $1m, loan $400k
$150k cash, CPF

Just an average Singaporean.

Unregistered 13-10-2012 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 29010)
45, $110k pa, banking

Fully paid terrace, worth $2m
Condo, worth $1m, loan $400k
$150k cash, CPF

Just an average Singaporean.

$2.75M net worth? agree it's quite average

i'm 10 years younger than you, earning $200K per annum, with the following assets (mainly earned through stocks and some timely property speculation):

terrace house (east coast): SGD$2.45M (no loan)
property in malaysia: SGD$600K (no loan)
cash and stocks: SGD$750K

quite impressive to my relatives, but in reality it's low compared to many top earning bankers, doctors and entrepreneurs

Unregistered 14-10-2012 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 29013)

i'm 10 years younger than you, earning $200K per annum, with the following assets (mainly earned through stocks and some timely property speculation):

quite impressive to my relatives, but in reality it's low compared to many top earning bankers, doctors and entrepreneurs

It's really quite impressive. Do you think you were lucky or smart? Or half half?

CKang 14-10-2012 03:03 AM

Exec Assistant

How much should I ask for as an Exec Assistant to a Regional MD of a US MNC?

The US MNC is an engineering firm with its HQ in SG. The Exec Assistant is supposed to do stuff like coordinate of the different divisions (not doing those administrative or logistics stuff).

I have about 3-4 years experience in engineering/commercial roles. Last drawn around 4.5K. Can I ask for around 5K?

Unregistered 14-10-2012 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 29016)
It's really quite impressive. Do you think you were lucky or smart? Or half half?

what profession/ business are you in? it is truly a impressive amount of assets for someone at age 35!

Unregistered 14-10-2012 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 29013)

Not bad. But don't value your malaysian property as such, put a 50% discount as the market there is a bubble, way overvalued.

I avoid the market there.

Unregistered 14-10-2012 03:09 PM

Quote:

Well first it was luck, managed to get my property en bloc for 1M profit in 2007, then took banks loans to flip 2 condos and 1 semi D for another 1.6M profit (bought when prices were lower in 2009 and early 2010). The rest of the 1.2M came from a good paying job, diligent savings (stayed with parents while buying, selling and renting out properties), stock gains, and appreciation in value of my current terrace home.

Unregistered 15-10-2012 10:10 AM

fresh local grad without honors
foriegn bank: only sgd 55k pa
passive income from investments: only sgd 20k-30k pa
savings/investments: only 300k sgd

Unregistered 15-10-2012 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 29052)
fresh local grad without honors
foriegn bank: only sgd 55k pa
passive income from investments: only sgd 20k-30k pa
savings/investments: only 300k sgd

Quite low for your age, better save up more...

Unregistered 15-10-2012 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 29061)
Quite low for your age, better save up more...

yeap. not very accomplished. I myself have a net worth of 500k and I'm just a year older than you

Unregistered 15-10-2012 06:33 PM

What for? Because I know I'd never become ultra rich in my lifetime considering I'm just an ordinary Singaporean... must as well enjoy it now when I can.

If I buy the car when I'm older = nobody gives a damn. If I buy the car when I'm young... I get much more attention. Take for instance last Friday was inter-department sports day and we went badminton. I drove my colleagues there.

The other department team also drove there. Felt really proud when we got out in the BM and they got out from the Nissan. Especially when my crush is in their dept ;)

Moments like this... totally worth the $200k! But when it comes to the monthly bank statement.... I'd rather not open the envelope. Ignorance is bliss. Enjoying it while it lasts!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 28947)
what for ? living in 'haolian' looking rich on the surface, but bank little$$, y not you take taxi every day to work(best is by mrt/bus/walk), use the 200k to invest in dividend stock....at least got passion income of $1000/mth just from dividend......go google dividendwarrior.blogspot....

Unregistered 15-10-2012 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 29075)
What for? Because I know I'd never become ultra rich in my lifetime considering I'm just an ordinary Singaporean... must as well enjoy it now when I can.

If I buy the car when I'm older = nobody gives a damn. If I buy the car when I'm young... I get much more attention. Take for instance last Friday was inter-department sports day and we went badminton. I drove my colleagues there.

The other department team also drove there. Felt really proud when we got out in the BM and they got out from the Nissan. Especially when my crush is in their dept ;)

Moments like this... totally worth the $200k! But when it comes to the monthly bank statement.... I'd rather not open the envelope. Ignorance is bliss. Enjoying it while it lasts!

...you have really screwed up priorities, its true that saving up is pointless if you dont spend or if the currency tanks but splurging on a brand when a normal car could serve the purpose is really a sign of low self esteem than high status. Splurge on food, entertainment could bring you more joy

Unregistered 15-10-2012 09:56 PM

Well done, enjoy while it last.

I'm like you, don't earn much. Only $200k pa. I drive a Porche.

Many girlfriends.

Quote:

Unregistered 16-10-2012 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 29085)
Well done, enjoy while it last.

I'm like you, don't earn much. Only $200k pa. I drive a Porche.

Many girlfriends.

How do you drive a porch?

Unregistered 16-10-2012 08:25 AM

looks like ur pride is worth >200k then.

Quote:

how old are you, little boy? You won't feel the same in 10 yrs from now when the guy driving the nissan accidentally spill the beans that he worth a few million in investments while u threw away all ur money on the BM, which btw is damn expensive to maintain. The car is only worth 200k if u used the car to get biz worth >200k. Now u paying 200k for your own pride. stupid. grow up. i am a millionaire , but i drive a 15 y.o nissan. cheap and good. i still wear shirts that are > 10 y.o.

Unregistered 16-10-2012 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 29091)
How do you drive a porch?

while sitting in a porch chair la. goondu!

Unregistered 16-10-2012 04:29 PM

Nobody knows what will happen in 10 yrs. With my monthly salary.. I know I'd probably never stay in landed property or anything fancy.

Driving a BM in 10 yrs time will not be anything to be proud off. But driving one now..... when your friends are still taking public transport... makes me feel very happy. Just an inexplainable happy feeling. Have you ever felt excited walking to the carpark? Have you every secretly wanted colleagues to ask you for a lift? I try not to appear so... but I am secretly happy when people ask / find out what I drive.

Most of my friends think I'm top performer in my job to be able to afford and I feel very successful at this stage. For those that can afford... you MUST try this out once in your life. If not you'd forever be thinking back.....

It is really not alot if you take 7 year loan. If you are single and have no housing commitments.. $4.2k pm you can pull this off with 1-2years saving as initial downpayment... I've no regret taking the plunge :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 29092)
how old are you, little boy? You won't feel the same in 10 yrs from now when the guy driving the nissan accidentally spill the beans that he worth a few million in investments while u threw away all ur money on the BM, which btw is damn expensive to maintain. The car is only worth 200k if u used the car to get biz worth >200k. Now u paying 200k for your own pride. stupid. grow up. i am a millionaire , but i drive a 15 y.o nissan. cheap and good. i still wear shirts that are > 10 y.o.

Unregistered 16-10-2012 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 29120)
Nobody knows what will happen in 10 yrs. With my monthly salary.. I know I'd probably never stay in landed property or anything fancy.

Driving a BM in 10 yrs time will not be anything to be proud off. But driving one now..... when your friends are still taking public transport... makes me feel very happy. Just an inexplainable happy feeling. Have you ever felt excited walking to the carpark? Have you every secretly wanted colleagues to ask you for a lift? I try not to appear so... but I am secretly happy when people ask / find out what I drive.

Most of my friends think I'm top performer in my job to be able to afford and I feel very successful at this stage. For those that can afford... you MUST try this out once in your life. If not you'd forever be thinking back.....

It is really not alot if you take 7 year loan. If you are single and have no housing commitments.. $4.2k pm you can pull this off with 1-2years saving as initial downpayment... I've no regret taking the plunge :)

Anyone who is impressed by a BM in this day & age is probably just a low level non-managerial worker at the bottom end of the society, dun really see the point in taking on big debt & risk just to impress people at this level!? But then I guess its your life & your choice after all...

Unregistered 16-10-2012 05:46 PM

50, $145k pa, finance
Terrace worth $2m, fully paid
2 condos, worth $2m, 50% loan
Continental car, fully paid
Big holiday, twice a year
Cash $1m
CPF and stocks $1m

I'm an underperformer among my friends :-(

Unregistered 16-10-2012 07:12 PM

30-70

i believe only 30% are telling the truth here..

cool story bro & sis for the rest of the 70..

am 27 yrs old, management accountant, last p.a 47k incl bonus, 3.5 years working experience..

think i'm super pale in comparisons against the elites here

Unregistered 16-10-2012 10:15 PM

stressed

32 year old

mechanic

renting an 1+1 @ 3k per month

Last year 225k

no car

how?

Unregistered 17-10-2012 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 29143)
32 year old

mechanic

renting an 1+1 @ 3k per month

Last year 225k

no car

how?

nm just buy a porch chair and drive...

Unregistered 17-10-2012 09:01 AM

Singaporeans all earning 300k pa... Now i think ministers' pay is justified la.

ashley 17-10-2012 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered999 (Post 29005)
I have just received an offer from SME...

Business Development Exec "aka Sales" (2 yr exp)
Honours Deg

Conditions: min. gross profit to bring in per annum is $600K (there are like 50 of us).

They offer me "up to" $35,000/annum + 14 days AL + basic insurance. No dental, no etc.

I find that even 2 yr exp job can demand this salary, how come for sales position they even dare to make this offer ??

er, so you are saying the offer should be higher? I think for sales job, it's very subjective. Depends on the industry, product you are selling, etc.. B2B or B2C. Are you considering?

Unregistered 17-10-2012 01:17 PM

46, financial markets, $109k pa.

Not high but comfortable income.

Managed to own a fully paid condo, worth $1.2m

Also own 2 investment properties, still not fully paid.

Unregistered 17-10-2012 03:18 PM

Quote:

or lying. HA haha!

Unregistered 17-10-2012 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 29170)
46, financial markets, $109k pa.

Not high but comfortable income.

Managed to own a fully paid condo, worth $1.2m

Also own 2 investment properties, still not fully paid.

$109k or $190k?

Unregistered 17-10-2012 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 29186)
$109k or $190k?

Yes, it is very low. Please dont laugh. It's enough to feed a family and support ageing parents. Dont believe in all the posts here. Many (those who never post) earn low salaries but just hold on to their jobs because they have not much choice. That's life.

Unregistered 17-10-2012 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 29187)
Yes, it is very low. Please dont laugh. It's enough to feed a family and support ageing parents. Dont believe in all the posts here. Many (those who never post) earn low salaries but just hold on to their jobs because they have not much choice. That's life.

hahaha...not because its low but because you think its low

Unregistered 17-10-2012 09:40 PM

27 year old
12.5 k per month
own 3 properties in singapore - fully paid
ferrari and porche in garage
now buying jet and yatch.

do you think i am lying ?

Unregistered 17-10-2012 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 29193)
27 year old
12.5 k per month

Can you stop spelling it as porche

Unregistered 18-10-2012 11:24 AM

23 years old (eee fresh grad)
47k p.a.

sounds good but it's not as rosy as it sounds.

Unregistered 18-10-2012 12:06 PM

34 y.o.

12K per month.

Unregistered 18-10-2012 01:18 PM

30, $20K a month.
regional manager.

realestateagent 18-10-2012 09:24 PM

23 turning 24 3 months time.
abt $10-13k average
Real estate agent

Unregistered 21-10-2012 05:20 PM

33 y.o, 100k p.a.
Condo, >1M of loans left to pay.
Grade F under-performer compared to the others in this forum.

Unregistered 22-10-2012 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 29193)
27 year old
12.5 k per month

it's spelt yacht, dum-dum.

Whatever your 12.5k p/m job is, I'm sure it doesn't involve reading or writing!!

Myo 23-10-2012 12:39 AM

Salary: 9.5k/month
Title: Senior Network Engineer
No of working exp: 6-7 years

I came to Singapore at age of 20-21 and started work at age of 21. I changed a couple of companies along the way.

Unregistered 03-11-2012 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 24202)
Huh? $100k is top 20%???!!! You got the wrong information. $100k a year belongs to low income group.

hey, dummy! How old are you? How many pimples you got on your face? If 100k a year is low income group, how come the HDB income ceiling is 120k? That means 80% of the population cannot stay HDB is it? Work harder, maybe then you will have less time to post crap on the internet.