Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   How much are you earning per annum? (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/831-how-much-you-earning-per-annum.html)

Unregistered 10-05-2012 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 24641)
Am sure the people in Lehman Brothers worked v v hard as well making those sub prime bets and so do all the bankers selling the resulting CODs to unsuspecting customers. The banking industry is overpaid, attracting all the top brains....working hard too to suck the lifeblood out of their customers and barely looking out for their customers' interests.

Well said, guys. I know an ex-Lehman forex guy. Below average IQ and kept ********ting how smart he is and hinting at how much more he is earning compared to the rest of us. Typical shxthead - divorced, arrogant, foul-mouth, painfully crass. I am in business and I make his annual salary in a month so it is really funny to listen to him brag about his wines and watches.

Unregistered 10-05-2012 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 24661)
Well said, guys. I know an ex-Lehman forex guy. Below average IQ and kept ********ting how smart he is and hinting at how much more he is earning compared to the rest of us. Typical shxthead - divorced, arrogant, foul-mouth, painfully crass. I am in business and I make his annual salary in a month so it is really funny to listen to him brag about his wines and watches.

He's just lucky, and he thought he's super smart.

Sadly, many people equate income with intelligence and capability without taking into account the luck factor.

Even education needs luck these days. It used to be the social leveller, but now it seems luck also plays a part in how well you do in studies. If you're lucky to be born into a family that can afford the time and money to give you good coaching, you will do much better than your peers. I pity those kids with parents who aren't able to help. If you don't believe me, take a good look at the current primary school system.

Unregistered 10-05-2012 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 24645)
I dont understand. Isnt it a known fact that FT are willingly to settle for less and work longer hours?

Why your friends company is hiring foreigners with higher payroll than locals? might as well hire local?

The trend now is to hire Singaporeans for jobs that FTs dont want to.

Unregistered 10-05-2012 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 24667)
The trend now is to hire Singaporeans for jobs that FTs dont want to.

Haha good one.

Unregistered 11-05-2012 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 24654)
Don't stereotype bankers. 99% of us weren't involve in those CDOs. So that means 99% of us are victims too. 99% of us are normal people, leading normal lives and trying to support our families.

CDOs were the ultimate scam...

Bank made subprime loan => Bank package loan into CDOs => sell CDOs, that way the risk of making the risky loan is transferred from the bank to the unsuspecting customer.....

99%? Pls...most of the time, RMs are peddling things the customers don't need:
1)Various type of insurance without looking into the insurance needs of the customer...eg...Personal Accident insurance...when the customer is 60+, no dependent
2)Highlighting upper return range of insurance linked savings policy, conveniently leaving out that expected returns have been sliding the last few years.

Who isn't working for money to support oneself/family? A croupier doing mental sum to calculate the payout...or simply taking away the losing bet. In the last few decades, too much money (and power) has been accumulating in banks as the industry deregulate to lower reserve ratio, allow trading of derivatives etc....resulting in overpaid bankers.

Nothing wrong with wanting to make more money for whatever you are doing but don't make it sound you as if you are working harder than the rest and it's your god given right to be well paid.

Unregistered 14-05-2012 01:18 AM

2006 - 40950
2012 - 100000

Unregistered 14-05-2012 02:29 PM

i shake leg dun work also got money. lmao

why? i open a club at boat quay and all the carrot head just flock to my place and get themselve drunk so stupidly

LMAO..................!!!!

I EARN 25K PER MONTH

Unregistered 14-05-2012 10:23 PM

2006-$115k
2012-$300k

Unregistered 15-05-2012 10:32 AM

2006 $1m
2012 $450K

Unregistered 15-05-2012 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 24776)
2006 $1m
2012 $450K

you suck cork lah!!!!!!!!1

dun bullshi..t

Unregistered 15-05-2012 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 24766)
i shake leg dun work also got money. lmao

why? i open a club at boat quay and all the carrot head just flock to my place and get themselve drunk so stupidly

LMAO..................!!!!

I EARN 25K PER MONTH

Shame on you.. when pple get drunk at pubs like yours.. they anyhow drive their ferrari and bang into taxi... Hope your businesss close down soon... Then you can shake head instead of shake leg... LMAO..................!!!!

Unregistered 15-05-2012 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 24780)
Shame on you.. when pple get drunk at pubs like yours.. they anyhow drive their ferrari and bang into taxi... Hope your businesss close down soon... Then you can shake head instead of shake leg... LMAO..................!!!!

oi. how old are u?

if u want to drink dun drive. u are old enough to make ur own decision. dun blame others for your own fault

regards,
boat quay pub owner

Unregistered 15-05-2012 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 24783)
oi. how old are u?

if u want to drink dun drive. u are old enough to make ur own decision. dun blame others for your own fault

regards,
boat quay pub owner

If only the innocent ones who lost their lives in the drunk driving incidents were your family members.. Then you wouldn't be saying dun blame "others" already....

Unregistered 15-05-2012 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 24783)
oi. how old are u?

regards,
boat quay pub owner

Well said, fictitious pub owner.
The dude might as well go blame Ferrari for building cars, or the govt for building roads.

Unregistered 15-05-2012 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 24775)
2006-$115k
2012-$300k

Nice. Please share your story to inspire people.

Unregistered 15-05-2012 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 24787)
Nice. Please share your story to inspire people.

Combination of having the luck to be employed and given the opportunities/guidance by my current bosses, plus some hard work. They are my mentors, showing me how best to survive in the organisation.

Unregistered 16-05-2012 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 24786)
Well said, fictitious pub owner.
The dude might as well go blame Ferrari for building cars, or the govt for building roads.

dun believe i also cannot say anything lor.

lmao.

i am jus a pub owner. why i gt the money?

my father gave it to me

Unregistered 16-05-2012 11:11 AM

always behind

Here is my life story so far...

Almost 30 yrs ago, when in my first job, my goal was to earn enough to qualify for credit card - then the minimum annual salary required was $24K. It took me 3 yrs to reach it. By then my peers and others were already buying their first cars...

Then 20 yrs ago, with wife, our goal was to pay up our HDB and car loans, not even dare to think about saving for retirement. By then, my peers and others were buying condos, and boasting of savings of $50K a year.

10 yrs ago, managed to upgrade to Condo, and new car, and started to save $50k a year. By then, my peers and others are buying 2nd condo, and saving $200k a year

Now, finally pay up Condo (think it is worth $1.6M now) and car, and able to save $200k a year, but my peers and others have multiple properties, passive incomes of $150k+ a year and taking things easy, children grown up and contributing to family.

Dont see myself ever catching up, tired already.

leehom 16-05-2012 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 24805)
Here is my life story so far...

Almost 30 yrs ago, when in my first job, my goal was to earn enough to qualify for credit card - then the minimum annual salary required was $24K. It took me 3 yrs to reach it. By then my peers and others were already buying their first cars...

Then 20 yrs ago, with wife, our goal was to pay up our HDB and car loans, not even dare to think about saving for retirement. By then, my peers and others were buying condos, and boasting of savings of $50K a year.

10 yrs ago, managed to upgrade to Condo, and new car, and started to save $50k a year. By then, my peers and others are buying 2nd condo, and saving $200k a year

Now, finally pay up Condo (think it is worth $1.6M now) and car, and able to save $200k a year, but my peers and others have multiple properties, passive incomes of $150k+ a year and taking things easy, children grown up and contributing to family.

Dont see myself ever catching up, tired already.

wow that is great

Unregistered 16-05-2012 04:19 PM

Seek some genuine advice here. Wife and I draw a combined income of $13+k per/month (excluding bonus). I draw just under $10k and she draws the remainder.

To qualify for HDB's BTO scheme, I've asked her to give up her career for a year so as to meet the income criteria.

Whilst we can buy a condo directly, we wanted to go through the normal progression of HDB upgrading to Private later. Also understand that we can keep our HDB flat if we buy it first before private property (but not the other way around)

I have been working for about 5 years, whilst she has worked around 3+. Rationale is that she can go back into the industry after our HDB purchase is successful and pay should not be too different from what she used to draw (since her base is low anyway)

Anyone who have gone down this route we advice to spare?

Unregistered 17-05-2012 09:21 PM

Why chase after others? You shd be setting your own goals and work towards reaching them. No point comparing or competing with others as there will always be someone who is better than u.

Unregistered 25-05-2012 04:27 PM

Why so many is getting >USD100 pa ? Is that easy ?!

Please share more of your success story ... and how to get these lobang ?

Unregistered 25-05-2012 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 25082)

Mine is sadly not USD100 but SGD100.
Combination of following the right people and making the right jumps.
But on hindsight, staying put would have worked out too.
Sigh.

Unregistered 25-05-2012 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 25082)

1st thing, you must NOT be in the engineering field

Unregistered 26-05-2012 12:44 AM

hi all, a bit desparate with my situation rite now ;(

27 years old, earn 68k p.a. no bonus, straight 12 month salary.

work in foreign bank in change management team.

starting with 53k package 2 years ago as a analyst, promoted to team lead last year however seems the pay is not there. even my direct report earn more than me.

try to find work outside but stuck with current salary and 5 years working experience.

head hunter said only want to pay max 10-15% increment? is it true?

this is my first job in singapore, not experience with the job culture here, but seems current salary, age, and experience is a key factor? is it? but seems lots of people easily earn more than 100k at my age.

need enlightmenet please ;) thanks.

Unregistered 26-05-2012 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 25090)
hi all, a bit desparate with my situation rite now ;(

27 years old, earn 68k p.a. no bonus, straight 12 month salary.

work in foreign bank in change management team.

starting with 53k package 2 years ago as a analyst, promoted to team lead last year however seems the pay is not there. even my direct report earn more than me.

try to find work outside but stuck with current salary and 5 years working experience.

head hunter said only want to pay max 10-15% increment? is it true?

this is my first job in singapore, not experience with the job culture here, but seems current salary, age, and experience is a key factor? is it? but seems lots of people easily earn more than 100k at my age.

need enlightmenet please ;) thanks.

come on, i am 30 this year, when i m your age i only getting 54k annual at 17mth package(that is after 2 years exp) as a farking engineer..Now after 5 years exp in the same company, only hit 68k annually...

base on 12mth package, mean your starting pay is 4.4k/mth...which is damn high loh...my basic now only 4k...after 5 years with 1 promotion..
And now you are getting 5.6k basic with 5 years exp...

10-15% jump ship increment mean you are looking into 6.2k to 6.5k basic..(75k-78k annual)..

It will take at least 10 more years for me to hit 6k basic if i continue to stay in my current company!!!!.....maybe you are in the financial sector, try jumping around every 2-3yrs, you will hit 100k annum soon

Maximus Apple 26-05-2012 10:01 PM

Senior Business Analyst

Senior Business Analyst with Six Sigma Green Belt certification
$13,650 per month
plus 50% month salary as completion bonus every 6mos.

Unregistered 26-05-2012 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maximus Apple (Post 25093)
Senior Business Analyst with Six Sigma Green Belt certification
$13,650 per month
plus 50% month salary as completion bonus every 6mos.

How many years working experience? Banking or commercial MNC?

senior IT project manager 27-05-2012 12:39 AM

15200 per month. MNC

Risk management 28-05-2012 08:12 AM

Risk management

$16800, excluding car and housing allowance

jason78 28-05-2012 02:39 PM

Bad year for banking professionals despite record earnings

Many local banks freeze or reduce increment and bonuses despite some of them earning very strong/record revenue unscathed by the financial crisis.

A few of my peers got retrenched in foreign banks and people in Finance and accounting and backoffice are getting paid lesser and lesser. I'm sure a lot of my peers won't mind switching to other industries.

New property launches:
www.propertylaunch.org

Unregistered 29-05-2012 03:22 PM

i only earn $20K a month after 20 years of working

so sad, now i'm 45 years, many of my friends are CEOs, i'm only a senior exec.

life is not that great. struggling to pay for my landed mortgage, holidays and cars.

Unregistered 29-05-2012 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 25180)

life is not that great. struggling to pay for my landed mortgage, holidays and cars.

20k only? you must be a mediocre worker. shame on you!

Unregistered 29-05-2012 08:58 PM

Quote:

Tsk Tsk Tsk......What a let down.

But don't be sad......don't think your friends are that good either, must be CEOs of some obscure SME and most likely inherited their positions.

By the way, we are talking about MYR here right?

Unregistered 29-05-2012 09:25 PM

Quote:

I understand your pain. You DO sound like you have been left behind.
The typical 30 year-old with 5 years' experience earns about twice what you do.
Just live out the rest of your life in misery.

Unregistered 30-05-2012 09:12 AM

Don't forget to vote opposition cos under the PAP leadership your 20k wage has caused you misery your whole life.

Unregistered 31-05-2012 02:19 PM

Quote:

What??!!! I refuse to believe this!!! you only earn 20k rupiah after slogging for 20years??
You should hang yourself immediately..
there is no meaning for you to carrying on living in this world!!!
You are a pathetic piece of s.h.i.t... Stop wasting oxygen and taking up space in ths world..

Unregistered 31-05-2012 05:39 PM

You guys are a piece of **** if you need to work

lmao.

I no need to work and enjoy life.

Passive income usd 900k per month

i have a net value of 50 million

sux my cork please

Adam 07-06-2012 02:28 AM

33 years old, Regional Country Manager in advertising agency, earning SGD$17,000 / month basic. Mobile phone, petrol and entertainment expenses all paid for.

Also runs a Consultancy firm with partners and makes SGD$10,000 / month on average.

Drives a Ferrari F430 with monthly installment at SGD$8,000 / month.

Uses car for networking and business events.

Unregistered 07-06-2012 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam (Post 25511)
33 years old, Regional Country Manager in advertising agency, earning SGD$17,000 / month basic. Mobile phone, petrol and entertainment expenses all paid for.

Also runs a Consultancy firm with partners and makes SGD$10,000 / month on average.

Drives a Ferrari F430 with monthly installment at SGD$8,000 / month.

Uses car for networking and business events.

Well done!