Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   How much are you earning per annum? (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/831-how-much-you-earning-per-annum.html)

Unregistered 21-05-2010 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 5998)
Honestly, I really think it's unjustified for a HR manager, a support staff, to be earning more than a manager in the core business. Btw, I do find the woman working in Singapore brags more than anywhere in the world. Perhaps they are simplier more fortunate and uncompassionate Thanks for the info, though I’m not sure if it’s against the company principles to provide these information in a public forum.

Honestly, I think it's unjustified for a HR manager, a supporting function, to be earning more than a manager in the core business.

Since you brought it up, it seems woman working in Singapore brags more than anywhere in the world. Perhaps they are more fortunate to be earning comparable to the guys or simply just uncompassionate compared with their counterparts from other regions.

Sorry, seems the formatting has gone unexpectedly inaccurate. Here's the correct structure.

Thanks for the info, though I’m not sure if it’s against the company principles to provide these information in a public forum.

Honestly, I think it's unjustified for a HR manager, a supporting function, to be earning more than a manager in the core business.

Since you brought it up, it seems woman working in Singapore brags more than anywhere in the world. Perhaps they are more fortunate to be earning comparable to the guys or simply just uncompassionate compared with their counterparts from other regions.

Unregistered 22-05-2010 10:38 PM

super pay

Analyst Investment Bank
3 years
S$250,000
inclusive of bonus

S$36,000 housing allowances

Unregistered 23-05-2010 12:40 AM

mechanical diploma
work since`1997
salary 3700
is it ok?

Unregistered 23-05-2010 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 6005)
mechanical diploma
work since`1997
salary 3700
is it ok?

Good salary for a diploma holder. You may have to move into management to get better salary though.

Unregistered 23-05-2010 05:34 PM

I dont believe this ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 6004)
Analyst Investment Bank
3 years
S$250,000
inclusive of bonus

S$36,000 housing allowances

I dont believe this ... Pls show you payslip screen shot if you have to prove it ...

You are in which division of Investment Bank ?

Unregistered 24-05-2010 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 6009)
I dont believe this ... Pls show you payslip screen shot if you have to prove it ...

You are in which division of Investment Bank ?

why is it so hard to believe? it's quite standard to start off with USD 100k base, so with 3 years experience and bonus, it pretty conceivable to get SGD 250k.

Really? 24-05-2010 09:35 AM

Entry level salary for an analyst is typically 60 to 70 K and that is in the U.S. Salaries in Investment Banking

That article's written last year.

At the same time, there are people who can actually earn more than that by their third year but they are 0.001% of all analysts.

Unregistered 24-05-2010 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Really? (Post 6013)
Entry level salary for an analyst is typically 60 to 70 K and that is in the U.S. Salaries in Investment Banking

That article's written last year.

At the same time, there are people who can actually earn more than that by their third year but they are 0.001% of all analysts.

from the same website you cited:

Third Year Analyst $120K - 300K $150K Bachelor's

let's take mid point of the above range, which is $210k USD. this is already $295K SGD going by today's exchange rate.

so, indeed, it is very conceivable to get $250K SGD in third year.

Really? 24-05-2010 11:13 AM

Right. First you mentioned it's common to have 100K USD Basic to START WITH (which is definitely not true) and when it's convenient you picked a third year salary. By the way the article describes the pay in the U.S. You can't project it to Singapore otherwise every analyst in the world will want to come to Singapore for income tax arbitrage (30 to 40 percent difference). Income tax (state and federal) and various city taxes (for those who live in NY city) will easily reach between 40 to 50 % of your salary + bonus.

Also why should someone here be paid as high as the ones over in the U.S.? There is no such thing as Institutional Investors ranking or what have you here in Singapore (and even if there is, it's far from prestigious, and those people who are paid pretty highly by their third year should at least be in the running by then for II spots).

By the way I work at a top buy side firm so I think I know what the standard pay and work is for the industry.

Unregistered 24-05-2010 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Really? (Post 6015)
Right. First you mentioned it's common to have 100K USD Basic to START WITH (which is definitely not true) and when it's convenient you picked a third year salary. By the way the article describes the pay in the U.S. You can't project it to Singapore otherwise every analyst in the world will want to come to Singapore for income tax arbitrage (30 to 40 percent difference). Income tax (state and federal) and various city taxes (for those who live in NY city) will easily reach between 40 to 50 % of your salary + bonus.

Also why should someone here be paid as high as the ones over in the U.S.? There is no such thing as Institutional Investors ranking or what have you here in Singapore (and even if there is, it's far from prestigious, and those people who are paid pretty highly by their third year should at least be in the running by then for II spots).

By the way I work at a top buy side firm so I think I know what the standard pay and work is for the industry.

third year because someone responded to post on $250k with 3 years experience. 100k usd to start with is definitely not false - from the site you linked:

First Year Analyst $60K - 150K $90K Bachelor's

100k is definitely in the range.

which part do you not understand? and when you said you "think" you "know", i think you don't really know even if i grant that you "work" for a "top buy side firm" (probably in ops or admin).