Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   How much are you earning per annum? (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/831-how-much-you-earning-per-annum.html)

Unregistered 10-05-2012 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 24641)
Am sure the people in Lehman Brothers worked v v hard as well making those sub prime bets and so do all the bankers selling the resulting CODs to unsuspecting customers. The banking industry is overpaid, attracting all the top brains....working hard too to suck the lifeblood out of their customers and barely looking out for their customers' interests.

Well said, guys. I know an ex-Lehman forex guy. Below average IQ and kept ********ting how smart he is and hinting at how much more he is earning compared to the rest of us. Typical shxthead - divorced, arrogant, foul-mouth, painfully crass. I am in business and I make his annual salary in a month so it is really funny to listen to him brag about his wines and watches.

Unregistered 10-05-2012 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 24661)
Well said, guys. I know an ex-Lehman forex guy. Below average IQ and kept ********ting how smart he is and hinting at how much more he is earning compared to the rest of us. Typical shxthead - divorced, arrogant, foul-mouth, painfully crass. I am in business and I make his annual salary in a month so it is really funny to listen to him brag about his wines and watches.

He's just lucky, and he thought he's super smart.

Sadly, many people equate income with intelligence and capability without taking into account the luck factor.

Even education needs luck these days. It used to be the social leveller, but now it seems luck also plays a part in how well you do in studies. If you're lucky to be born into a family that can afford the time and money to give you good coaching, you will do much better than your peers. I pity those kids with parents who aren't able to help. If you don't believe me, take a good look at the current primary school system.

Unregistered 10-05-2012 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 24645)
I dont understand. Isnt it a known fact that FT are willingly to settle for less and work longer hours?

Why your friends company is hiring foreigners with higher payroll than locals? might as well hire local?

The trend now is to hire Singaporeans for jobs that FTs dont want to.

Unregistered 10-05-2012 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 24667)
The trend now is to hire Singaporeans for jobs that FTs dont want to.

Haha good one.

Unregistered 11-05-2012 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 24654)
Don't stereotype bankers. 99% of us weren't involve in those CDOs. So that means 99% of us are victims too. 99% of us are normal people, leading normal lives and trying to support our families.

CDOs were the ultimate scam...

Bank made subprime loan => Bank package loan into CDOs => sell CDOs, that way the risk of making the risky loan is transferred from the bank to the unsuspecting customer.....

99%? Pls...most of the time, RMs are peddling things the customers don't need:
1)Various type of insurance without looking into the insurance needs of the customer...eg...Personal Accident insurance...when the customer is 60+, no dependent
2)Highlighting upper return range of insurance linked savings policy, conveniently leaving out that expected returns have been sliding the last few years.

Who isn't working for money to support oneself/family? A croupier doing mental sum to calculate the payout...or simply taking away the losing bet. In the last few decades, too much money (and power) has been accumulating in banks as the industry deregulate to lower reserve ratio, allow trading of derivatives etc....resulting in overpaid bankers.

Nothing wrong with wanting to make more money for whatever you are doing but don't make it sound you as if you are working harder than the rest and it's your god given right to be well paid.

Unregistered 14-05-2012 01:18 AM

2006 - 40950
2012 - 100000

Unregistered 14-05-2012 02:29 PM

i shake leg dun work also got money. lmao

why? i open a club at boat quay and all the carrot head just flock to my place and get themselve drunk so stupidly

LMAO..................!!!!

I EARN 25K PER MONTH

Unregistered 14-05-2012 10:23 PM

2006-$115k
2012-$300k

Unregistered 15-05-2012 10:32 AM

2006 $1m
2012 $450K

Unregistered 15-05-2012 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 24776)
2006 $1m
2012 $450K

you suck cork lah!!!!!!!!1

dun bullshi..t