Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   How much are you earning per annum? (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/831-how-much-you-earning-per-annum.html)

Unregistered 03-10-2021 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 185069)
Say you get covid and need to isolate at home, do you think your downgraded new HDB can stop you spreading covid to the rest of your family members? Did you actually think this through properly?

Your projections are only valid in a pre-covid era.

80% of Singapore households live in HDB flats. What’s the problem?

The flat has 3 bedrooms. Only two persons living in it. This flat is very spacious.

Our children will have their own HDB flats after getting married.

What is your issue?

Unregistered 03-10-2021 12:50 PM

Tbh for someone who lived in condo and hdb before. Condo is overrated. Yes they have swimming pool, and gym. But i can bet you not many people is using it. I can only see a handful of people using the swimming pool in a good day. Your maintenance fee might be better use for gym membership with better facilities than the one in condo.

For interior design, you can spend 100k and it will look better and more suitable for your personal taste.

Unregistered 03-10-2021 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 185086)
Tbh for someone who lived in condo and hdb before. Condo is overrated. Yes they have swimming pool, and gym. But i can bet you not many people is using it. I can only see a handful of people using the swimming pool in a good day. Your maintenance fee might be better use for gym membership with better facilities than the one in condo.

For interior design, you can spend 100k and it will look better and more suitable for your personal taste.

Condo flip can become rich more quickly than flipping hdb

Unregistered 03-10-2021 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 185087)
Condo flip can become rich more quickly than flipping hdb

Not true. You must be deluded, good number of condos lose money.

Unregistered 03-10-2021 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 185086)

You’re right. Not many people use the swimming pool. You pay for prestige. Condo is for status symbol. If we retire, we don’t care about status anymore. Our condo is paid up and we can get $500k cash after we sell and buy a HDB flat paying in full.

We have a choice whether to continue working for another 10 years or enjoy an early retirement.

Unregistered 04-10-2021 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 185131)
You’re right. Not many people use the swimming pool. You pay for prestige. Condo is for status symbol. If we retire, we don’t care about status anymore. Our condo is paid up and we can get $500k cash after we sell and buy a HDB flat paying in full.

We have a choice whether to continue working for another 10 years or enjoy an early retirement.

Congratulations. You have done well. Since you can get $500k cash after downgrading, you can definitely retire at 55. Enjoy your life. There are people who died in their 50s and 60s.

Unregistered 05-10-2021 07:12 AM

Quote:

Will you fully retire or semi-retire, say take on a chillax part time job to keep brain active and maintain connection with outside world?

Unregistered 05-10-2021 11:56 AM

Quote:

Not many use it because most of them are foreign expats that don't even live in the condos that they buy lol I for one use the swimming pool every weekend, same with the other Singaporean neighbors I know.

"status symbol" lmfao no one cares. Sinkies need to get over their pathetic Asian pride culture and realize that no one cares about your status symbol when you're a fat ugly pepperoni face looking ass from all the sleep deprivation, lack of proper nutrition diet and weekly exercise...

All that OT and grinding for work to overcompensate what you end up neglecting.

You want status symbol? Buy a Terrace house and a nice car. Condos are as prestigious as 5BR top floor HDBs.... Singaporeans are earning A LOT nowadays. 2m condos mean nothing, 5m terace houses are the new prestige.

Unregistered 05-10-2021 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 185291)
Not many use it because most of them are foreign expats that don't even live in the condos that they buy lol I for one use the swimming pool every weekend, same with the other Singaporean neighbors I know.

"status symbol" lmfao no one cares. Sinkies need to get over their pathetic Asian pride culture and realize that no one cares about your status symbol when you're a fat ugly pepperoni face looking ass from all the sleep deprivation, lack of proper nutrition diet and weekly exercise...

You want status symbol? Buy a Terrace house and a nice car. Condos are as prestigious as 5BR top floor HDBs.... Singaporeans are earning A LOT nowadays. 2m condos mean nothing, 5m terace houses are the new prestige.

Not everyone wants to live in a landed property where you have to fix everything yourself lah.

The main draw of staying in a condo is not access to the facilities, it is simply for the advantages of living in a gated community. Less low ses people around.

Unregistered 05-10-2021 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 185291)

What terrace house new prestige....lmao