Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   How much are you earning per annum? (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/831-how-much-you-earning-per-annum.html)

Unregistered 05-11-2020 01:57 AM

Made about $400k last yr. Half base and half bonus. Not counting carried interest.

30 yrs old working in PE.

Unregistered 05-11-2020 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goaswind (Post 148614)
You maybe Foreign, but you may or may not be a talent.

oh doesn't matter. i'm still earning more than majority of the local while "stealing" your job.

Unregistered 05-11-2020 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 148613)
prove*. Foreign "talent" indeed lmao

a typical xenophobic arugment.

most singaporean can write perfect english but unable to keep their job, completely overtaken by the "outsider". so what's the point?

maybe be a low-paid english teacher, while we take all the high-paid executive job.

Unregistered 05-11-2020 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 148667)
a typical xenophobic arugment.

most singaporean can write perfect english but unable to keep their job, completely overtaken by the "outsider". so what's the point?

maybe be a low-paid english teacher, while we take all the high-paid executive job.

we also take their chinnky wives and girlfriends while they are doing their military time to protect us while fcking them. they cannot do anything to us except complain here haha

life is good for us foreigners in Singapore :)

Unregistered 05-11-2020 04:08 PM

150k this year

next year will drop to ~140k which sucks!

Unregistered 05-11-2020 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 148669)
we also take their chinnky wives and girlfriends while they are doing their military time to protect us while fcking them. they cannot do anything to us except complain here haha

life is good for us foreigners in Singapore :)

WTF our country is seriously flawed to allow in FTrash like this!

Unregistered 06-11-2020 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 148612)
29 yo male
S$ 9,000 monthly
and some other insignificant ABC bonuses.. (stock, 1-2 month bonuses, relocation, etc.)

PS. I'm that "foreign talent" that everyone hates 😂😂

PSPS. When getting the pre-EP , i can see how my company justify to MOM on the process hiring foreign talent. my company had opened the job for around 2 months locally (only citizen/PR can apply), and 10 got interviewed but all rejected citing lack of domain expertise, lack of leadership experience, lack of technical. after that, it's open internationally, 3 got interviewed with 2 rejected and me got the offer.

So for xenophobic out there, feel free to keep shouting that we are stealing ur job. but in fact, it's always LOCAL-first. hence, u have plenty of time/opportunity to proof urself before us. but if u still can't, it's ur fault. not us.

I got nothing against you but I don't fully agree with the "it's always LOCAL-first". "10 got interviewed but all rejected citing lack of domain expertise, lack of leadership experience, lack of technical" is usually more like "HR interview then reject all locals so that they can hire someone cheaper from overseas unless just so happens that one of the locals asks for a really low pay than what is expected from a foreign hire".

Of course, not every company does this and not to be xenophobic but I think foreigners are getting more and more prominent in Singapore. It's like everywhere you look, you can see someone that doesn't look or sound local.

In fact, a while ago, it was found that a number of companies in the finance industry were caught/under scrutiny by MOM engaging in unfair selection methods.

Everytime they flash the figures, it shows locals still the majority by a large margin but when you look around when at work or outside, it really doesn't seem like the numbers are accurate though perhaps it's just the places I work at or the places I go.

Unregistered 07-11-2020 02:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 148716)
I got nothing against you but I don't fully agree with the "it's always LOCAL-first". "10 got interviewed but all rejected citing lack of domain expertise, lack of leadership experience, lack of technical" is usually more like "HR interview then reject all locals so that they can hire someone cheaper from overseas unless just so happens that one of the locals asks for a really low pay than what is expected from a foreign hire".

Of course, not every company does this and not to be xenophobic but I think foreigners are getting more and more prominent in Singapore. It's like everywhere you look, you can see someone that doesn't look or sound local.

In fact, a while ago, it was found that a number of companies in the finance industry were caught/under scrutiny by MOM engaging in unfair selection methods.

Everytime they flash the figures, it shows locals still the majority by a large margin but when you look around when at work or outside, it really doesn't seem like the numbers are accurate though perhaps it's just the places I work at or the places I go.

well , his pay is quite decent for his age. HR will only "reject local so they can hire cheaper foreigner" if their offer is too low that many local reject, which i don't think many local at late 20s will reject $9k salary.

Unregistered 18-11-2020 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 148652)
are you a female or u got pes f?

female....

Unregistered 19-11-2020 08:19 PM

Woke up with 100k under pillow.

Must be tooth fairy