Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   How much are you earning per annum? (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/831-how-much-you-earning-per-annum.html)

Unregistered 23-03-2020 09:29 PM

26 this year, salary 5.1K/mth. Typically 3-4 months of bonuses, but probably gonna get cut cuz of poor economy, can't complain tho. Working in public sector.

Unregistered 24-03-2020 11:31 AM

Fortunate, work very hard

M, 30, 20k pm base, with ~10% bonus and some equity.
Started in Singapore company at 25 and worked upward, 2-3 job changes.
Ppl always "wah make so much"
but really just work hard (very, very hard), stop comparing and complaining, when opportunity rears its head, think hard, then take and go.
i didn't take any opportunity which came, some paid more but also more risky.
and high pay is good but you have different sets of problems linked to such salary (primarily stress and hours)
Not finance.

Married, spouse does not make as much, she works hard too although my total hours are longer.

We are still pretty frugal compared to what i see from some friends from normal jobs.

Unregistered 27-03-2020 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 130772)
M, 30, 20k pm base, with ~10% bonus and some equity.
Started in Singapore company at 25 and worked upward, 2-3 job changes.
Ppl always "wah make so much"
but really just work hard (very, very hard), stop comparing and complaining, when opportunity rears its head, think hard, then take and go.
i didn't take any opportunity which came, some paid more but also more risky.
and high pay is good but you have different sets of problems linked to such salary (primarily stress and hours)
Not finance.

Married, spouse does not make as much, she works hard too although my total hours are longer.

We are still pretty frugal compared to what i see from some friends from normal jobs.

How you work upward?

Unregistered 27-03-2020 03:15 PM

28 M 10k per month. Thinking of changing job. Is market now good?

Unregistered 27-03-2020 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 130995)
28 M 10k per month. Thinking of changing job. Is market now good?

what a joke.. earning 10k/mth and living in a bubble ?

Dispen 28-03-2020 04:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 24680)
CDOs were the ultimate scam...

Bank made subprime loan => Bank package loan into CDOs => sell CDOs, that way the risk of making the risky loan is transferred from the bank to the unsuspecting customer.....

99%? Pls...most of the time, RMs are peddling things the customers don't need:
1)Various type of insurance without looking into the insurance needs of the customer...eg...Personal Accident insurance...when the customer is 60+, no dependent
2)Highlighting upper return range of insurance linked savings policy, conveniently leaving out that expected returns have been sliding the last few years.

Who isn't working for money to support oneself/family? A croupier doing mental sum to calculate the payout...or simply taking away the losing bet. In the last few decades, too much money (and power) has been accumulating in banks as the industry deregulate to lower reserve ratio, allow trading of derivatives etc....resulting in overpaid bankers.

Nothing wrong with wanting to make more money for whatever you are doing but don't make it sound you as if you are working harder than the rest and it's your god given right to be well paid.

I have a question please

Unregistered 28-03-2020 03:34 PM

Just sharing

I'm one of those who never found time to do degree after NS, need to support family. So, 15 yrs later at 36...

Diploma
128k/pa
Private, Revenue Ops

Hard work. No one ever asked me of my education since my first job in 2005.

Dispen 01-04-2020 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 24680)
CDOs were the ultimate scam...

Bank made subprime loan => Bank package loan into CDOs => sell CDOs, that way the risk of making the risky loan is transferred from the bank to the unsuspecting customer.....

99%? Pls...most of the time, RMs are peddling things the customers don't need:
1)Various type of insurance without looking into the insurance needs of the customer...eg...Personal Accident insurance...when the customer is 60+, no dependent
2)Highlighting upper return range of insurance linked savings policy, conveniently leaving out that expected returns have been sliding the last few years.

Who isn't working for money to support oneself/family? A croupier doing mental sum to calculate the payout...or simply taking away the losing bet. In the last few decades, too much money (and power) has been accumulating in banks as the industry deregulate to lower reserve ratio, allow trading of derivatives etc....resulting in overpaid bankers.

Nothing wrong with wanting to make more money for whatever you are doing but don't make it sound you as if you are working harder than the rest and it's your god given right to be well paid.

What do you thinks about this personal accident insurance for a banker in Singapore who earns 60K$ ? https://www.axa.com.sg/personal-accident

Unregistered 18-04-2020 10:37 PM

Mindful Sg- Looking For: Professional Therapists/ Psychologists with experience

Hi there,

Mindful is a virtual mental health services provider that works with businesses to provide mental care to employees during the Covid-19 crisis.

They are looking for professional therapists/ Psychologists with experience.

Interested individuals please email [email protected]

Unregistered 18-04-2020 11:47 PM

27, been working 1 year. 120k base, 8 months bonus.