Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   How is life as a doctor in Singapore? (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/793-how-life-doctor-singapore.html)

Unregistered 04-05-2019 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 118057)
Mid year 0.5
End year 1.0
NPAA 1
PB 1.5

Easy ma

Anyone care to explain these terms for those of us who are unfamiliar with the lingo?

Unregistered 05-05-2019 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 118249)
Anyone care to explain these terms for those of us who are unfamiliar with the lingo?

NPAA or Aws = non pensionable annua allowance or annual wage supplement. Both are same thing commonly known as 13th mth bonus

PB is performance bonus

Mid year bonus
Year end bonus

Unregistered 06-05-2019 08:21 PM

what is cvb?

Unregistered 06-05-2019 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 118351)
what is cvb?

Cvb is corporate variable bonus
Ie mid year and end of year bonus in this thread context.

Different companies may have different definitions. But for this company cvb consist of mid year and end of year.

Variable coz sometimes mid year is 0.6mth can be 0.5mth, can be nothing but rare.

End of year can be 1mth, 1.1 or 1.2, or 0.9

Unregistered 15-05-2019 09:30 AM

Hi all, currently a fy1 in uk, planning to return to sg as mo end of year. Probably will choose medical related postings or ed for my 1st posting (long term plan im/fm)
Just wondering out of the 3 clusters (nuh, singhealth, nhg), which of them is more welcoming to newbies like myself (i.e more patience/tolerant of mistakes/less judgmental as i find my feet in a new environment?). I do live in the west, but will be happy to travel if needed

Any advice welcome.

Unregistered 15-05-2019 06:23 PM

Does anyone here have experience with migrating to australia with just an MBBS degree?

Unregistered 15-05-2019 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 118796)
Does anyone here have experience with migrating to australia with just an MBBS degree?

think it is very hard. they have excess doctors in cities. unless you volunteer for rural work. but i do know of nus trained nurses who successful migrated.

Unregistered 15-05-2019 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 118803)
think it is very hard. they have excess doctors in cities. unless you volunteer for rural work. but i do know of nus trained nurses who successful migrated.

think there is an opening..
s://.acrrm.org.au/becoming-registered-in-australia/standard-pathway/pesci

Unregistered 18-05-2019 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 118803)

I would not mind that. Currently I feel the career path in singapore is not sustainable in the long run.

Unregistered 18-05-2019 09:27 PM

Hi all.

I am a radiology resident in France from an university which is not in the Second Schedule of the MRA.
Is it possible to work in Singapore as a radiologist after my residency, if I have FRCR ?

Thx for your replies !