Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   How is life as a doctor in Singapore? (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/793-how-life-doctor-singapore.html)

Unregistered 23-12-2020 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 151848)
Doesn't make sense for a FT doctor to have a 2 years advantage due to not serving NS over his Singaporean male counterpart?

2 years can make a lot of difference in terms of competition for residency or salary. Why are Singaporean citizens being disadvantaged?

You sound like a jealous kid. Just serve your NS and hopefully you will grow out of your pettiness after two years.

Unregistered 23-12-2020 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 151829)
Agreed, females should also serve NS and get the same pay. It can be done, just look at Israel.

Also the freeloader foreigners doctors who come here and take our limited residency/con positions should be made to do 2 years of NS or pay S$500k (equivalent of 2 years pay, without the need to risk life and limb) to work here while Singaporean doctors served NS to keep them safe.

This is one way to balance the playing field for local doctors who had to sacrifice a 2 years head start in medicine due to NS, if FT doctors can contribute a portion of their salaries up to S$500k to a healthcare fund for disadvantaged Singaporeans.

Unregistered 24-12-2020 01:26 PM

how does everyone feel about the covid bonus???

cant believe i worked so hard, cancelled all my leave and volunteered to to take care of covid patients

and still dont get the take care of covid bonus???

Unregistered 24-12-2020 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 151923)

cant believe i worked so hard, cancelled all my leave and volunteered to to take care of covid patients

Like you said, you volunteered, so why are you expecting any different treatment?

Unregistered 24-12-2020 02:33 PM

Quote:

Ya it is sad. Hcw are generally underappreciated in Singapore. Unfortunately most can't quit as we have no other skills that are applicable in other industry.

Unregistered 24-12-2020 02:35 PM

Quote:

That's why just do the bare minimum is enough. The organization doesn't care.

Unregistered 24-12-2020 03:00 PM

Quote:

You stupid dumbass! Even if they gave you that bonus how much is it? What can you do with it? Buy a house? Buy a car?

Yeah you gonna say go on holiday. Stupid ass!

Unregistered 24-12-2020 04:07 PM

How much is COVID bonus?

Unregistered 24-12-2020 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 151934)
How much is COVID bonus?

2k lol. Not even 0.5 mth

Unregistered 24-12-2020 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 151935)
2k lol. Not even 0.5 mth

How much did you think would be fair