Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   How is life as a doctor in Singapore? (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/793-how-life-doctor-singapore.html)

Unregistered 23-06-2023 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 250460)
Anyone know what is the market rate for excision biopsy of lump over finger in the private derm sector?
I have a small (0.5 mm) lump over my finger, looks like pyogenic granuloma, keen for excision. I think most likely can do under LA.
Unfortunately derm appt with restructured hospital is like 2mths away- even for self referrals (i.e private rate), so thinking of private derm now.

Finger more scary.
Need hand surgeon

Unregistered 25-06-2023 10:57 AM

Can I ask do bosses in public hospital deliberately one full reg application by not writing their letter of recommendation, so that they can keep them in the department for life?
I had no issues with my full reg, got it after 2.5 years of mopex. But during my mopex postings (to ed, comm hospital etc) I see rps who have worked there for close to 10 years but still condition reg. Some of them are foreigners but they come from a smc recognized overseas university (just like myself). I know foreigners take longer for full reg, but 10 years is still.. a bit of an exploit??

Unregistered 25-06-2023 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 250550)
Can I ask do bosses in public hospital deliberately one full reg application by not writing their letter of recommendation, so that they can keep them in the department for life?
I had no issues with my full reg, got it after 2.5 years of mopex. But during my mopex postings (to ed, comm hospital etc) I see rps who have worked there for close to 10 years but still condition reg. Some of them are foreigners but they come from a smc recognized overseas university (just like myself). I know foreigners take longer for full reg, but 10 years is still.. a bit of an exploit??

Quite common. Honestly it’s a pain seeing so many Malaysian chinese coming to work in Singapore as HO ( if they are from UM/UKM) or even MO after getting their MRCP/MRCS…

Unregistered 25-06-2023 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 250550)

Not true I see plenty of Indian mbbs con, stayed at public for a few years. Then once full reg, go to raffles or set up own shop at mt E.

Unregistered 26-06-2023 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 249344)
vCheongDam Aesthetics clinic. New opening for aesthetic doctor. Salary starting at 20K basic monthly. Sales incentive bonus not included. Tell them that Dr Kwan Yuan Dong (Medical Director) recommended you.

If you tell them Dr. Christopher recommended you, they’ll give you lots of work to do like they do to him

Unregistered 27-06-2023 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 250629)
If you tell them Dr. Christopher recommended you, they’ll give you lots of work to do like they do to him

So the pay is according to volume of work performed? Or flat fee?
Or hourly rate?

Unregistered 29-06-2023 10:15 AM

Can I ask, does getting a mmed in polyclinic setting gaurantee you a AC position in 4-5 years time?
Some of my seniors said yes, but some say need fellowship. Does progression in ops differ heavily from hospital setting?
I think in hospital, once you exit and get AC position, promotion to senior consultant is inevitable by virtue of time. (Meaning they day you retire confirm will have SC, but high perfomers can get faster of course)

I am not sure what is the natural progression of mmeder in ops? (Meaning does one stay as a FP till they retire if they choose not to pursue fellow), and if one get fellowship, does that gaurantee consultant and senior consultant position then?

Unregistered 29-06-2023 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 250827)
Can I ask, does getting a mmed in polyclinic setting gaurantee you a AC position in 4-5 years time?
Some of my seniors said yes, but some say need fellowship. Does progression in ops differ heavily from hospital setting?
I think in hospital, once you exit and get AC position, promotion to senior consultant is inevitable by virtue of time. (Meaning they day you retire confirm will have SC, but high perfomers can get faster of course)

I am not sure what is the natural progression of mmeder in ops? (Meaning does one stay as a FP till they retire if they choose not to pursue fellow), and if one get fellowship, does that gaurantee consultant and senior consultant position then?

Yes if you MMeder stay in ops long enough will be AC.

You will retire as consultant. Confirm. Just wait long enough will wan

Unregistered 29-06-2023 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 250827)

Each cluster own rules.
Duration is a criteria. Performance of cse cannot be cui
3 to 4 years usually to ac.
C need fellowship for sure.
Last time c no need fellowship but going forward sure need.

Unregistered 29-06-2023 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 250856)
Each cluster own rules.
Duration is a criteria. Performance of cse cannot be cui
3 to 4 years usually to ac.
C need fellowship for sure.
Last time c no need fellowship but going forward sure need.

Is the ac pay in ops same as rh?