Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   How is life as a doctor in Singapore? (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/793-how-life-doctor-singapore.html)

Unregistered 13-02-2019 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 113784)
Hi all, looking through the forum, it appears that a lot of specialties are very saturated at the top and it is becoming increasingly harder to get a job/training spot.

Just wondering if that is the case for GPs as well? (Both private GPs and public i.e polyclinic GPs)

I am a mo who is getting increasingly disillusioned and wondering what should I do for the long term?

Quit medicine. You can join insurance line. Or drug companies. Or informatics.

Unregistered 14-02-2019 02:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 113784)
Hi all, looking through the forum, it appears that a lot of specialties are very saturated at the top and it is becoming increasingly harder to get a job/training spot.

Just wondering if that is the case for GPs as well? (Both private GPs and public i.e polyclinic GPs)

I am a mo who is getting increasingly disillusioned and wondering what should I do for the long term?

how many mopex have you done and what have you applied for?

are you an nus grad? maybe look to other countries or get full reg and locum for private gps

Unregistered 14-02-2019 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 113783)
I am a mo in mohh. I already earn 85k a year if you include bonus and call pay. Surely interventionists in cardiology earn way way more than that.

If you are surgeon or procedurists (eg interventional cardiology/radiology), sky is the limit when it comes to pay

Dont exaggerate. 100k/month is absurd if youre in gov hospital.

The salary ceiling is 300k/year for senior cons and 200k for cons.

Unregistered 14-02-2019 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 113795)
how many mopex have you done and what have you applied for?

are you an nus grad? maybe look to other countries or get full reg and locum for private gps

What are the prospect of being a gp nowadays? Heard that it is also getting saturated?

Unregistered 14-02-2019 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 113804)
What are the prospect of being a gp nowadays? Heard that it is also getting saturated?

Wherever there is reasonable money and respect , people will flock to it. And make it saturated like law.

Unregistered 15-02-2019 07:45 PM

Hi I am a Singaporean about to finish studying in UK. I know that getting into residency is tough. Can I ask if junior doctors (under mopex/hopex) are treated the same as residents by senior doctors? (Or do residents get more benefits/teaching/opportunities?)

Unregistered 16-02-2019 03:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 113797)
Dont exaggerate. 100k/month is absurd if youre in gov hospital.

The salary ceiling is 300k/year for senior cons and 200k for cons.

Yea 100k/month sounds a bit too much for any consultant even if you do procedure .
Is 200k/yr before tax? What is tax rate in Singapore .

Unregistered 16-02-2019 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 113851)
Yea 100k/month sounds a bit too much for any consultant even if you do procedure .
Is 200k/yr before tax? What is tax rate in Singapore .

100k/month ... what a troll ... not even working in the private sector or opening a chain of private clinic can earn you that much as a doctor unless you are really really famous or have a side business .. more like 20k a month

Unregistered 16-02-2019 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 113805)
Wherever there is reasonable money and respect , people will flock to it. And make it saturated like law.

Law is not even as saturated

Unregistered 16-02-2019 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 113853)
100k/month ... what a troll ... not even working in the private sector or opening a chain of private clinic can earn you that much as a doctor unless you are really really famous or have a side business .. more like 20k a month

Agree that 100k / month is an exaggeration. However, I have friends who are medical consultants and they are paid like 14-15k per month. I always thought consultant who does procedures earn a significantly higher amount even in government hospital...