Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   How is life as a doctor in Singapore? (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/793-how-life-doctor-singapore.html)

Unregistered 10-04-2022 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 213255)
Can I open a pte ltd instead to receive the locum fees?

Check your employment contract. Employer must approve of your business also.
Sorry man. Be dr is basically like they control your life liao.
If you didnt know now you know.

Unregistered 10-04-2022 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 213252)
Wow that most actually made me think twice about my locuming. Is it true they can access my IRAS records? I though PDPA.

If they really actively catch, GP clinics and chains can well close down. 50% is NSF. 50% is now run by junior doctors in the company Master M . when in GS and i wanted take mc cause damn shag, Im 90% sure I saw my senior resident in the clinic room next door where I went to get mc locuming on AL.

They cannot afford to catch, how will primary care survive then?
There is not alot of full time locums

GS senior resident still got energy to locum?
the hospital work is too slack liao.

Unregistered 10-04-2022 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 213255)
Can I open a pte ltd instead to receive the locum fees?

Wtf. U didn't read news. U open a pte Ltd to receive locum monies is freaking tax avoidance. This is so 2015.

So how anaesthetic and go do is based on the fact
Company tax lower than personal tax.
So in the past got lots of anaes and locum gp open pte Ltd.
All the professional fees go there. And company pay corporate tax rate

In turn, the pte Ltd pay anaesthetic and go $1 salary so personal tax is zero
However the pte Ltd give out 400k as dividends.
Dividends cannot attract personal tax

End up iras discover and made this ppl cough put the tax difference.
Smc issued guidance as well

Unregistered 10-04-2022 08:08 PM

Can I ask a genuine question regarding tax for locums. I have just joined the locum gp land few months back.

Some of the clinics that I locum in pay via Cash (usually the small family clinics in the neighborhood unlike the large chain groups)
- when I mean cash, I also include those that pay via bank transfer like paynow at the end of the shift. (I e the clinic owner/anchor just paynow me my pay at the end of the shift)

Do I need to declare these cash payments for tax? Given that this is a bank transfer between 2 parties with no cpf involved, how does iras track it?

Unregistered 10-04-2022 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 213218)
Can I ask as a FP (just got mmed) last year in ops, does being part of a sag group give you any additional money?
There are like different sag groups in ops (like resp/cardio/derm sag), but I am not sure if being part of it gives you any added pay (either in the form of monthly allowance -like those we get for the mmed degree or performance bonus)

No. That’s just your job scope.

Unregistered 10-04-2022 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 213341)
Can I ask a genuine question regarding tax for locums. I have just joined the locum gp land few months back.

Some of the clinics that I locum in pay via Cash (usually the small family clinics in the neighborhood unlike the large chain groups)
- when I mean cash, I also include those that pay via bank transfer like paynow at the end of the shift. (I e the clinic owner/anchor just paynow me my pay at the end of the shift)

Do I need to declare these cash payments for tax? Given that this is a bank transfer between 2 parties with no cpf involved, how does iras track it?

Then it’s like those private home tuition teacher earn cash but all never declare lor... later when buy big ticket item they check your official salary don’t match will question where you get your money then IRAS will come knocking on your door. That one is tax evasion, not avoidance alr, prepare to go inside and squat

Unregistered 10-04-2022 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 213341)

The clinic owner got a book record
Will say pay to who and who, on which day.
The clinic owner also has ur mcr number.

If the amt is significant, ie u locum there regularly I would highly advise u to declare

Tax evasion is a crime, moonlighting is not.
Giving fake vaccine is a crime, not offering vaccine at ur clinic is Not.

Unregistered 10-04-2022 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 213354)
Then it’s like those private home tuition teacher earn cash but all never declare lor... later when buy big ticket item they check your official salary don’t match will question where you get your money then IRAS will come knocking on your door. That one is tax evasion, not avoidance alr, prepare to go inside and squat

aiyah. how much u locum u also small fry.
assuming average 100 per hour u locum half ur waking hour every day u make 440k max
reality u probably earn about 150 to 180k

u locum big chain report it. cos they also report it.
locum at ur friendly gp who give u cash, who knows. miss out some here they can dig but it's not worth the man hours.
the tax on 120k pa not high what. report like other locum doctor, dun suddenly go buy a GCB and no one will know

Unregistered 10-04-2022 11:18 PM

Hi to the locum who just joined gp lans how do u track ur payments

Unregistered 10-04-2022 11:33 PM

How to file locum tax if ure mopex and hence still under employer who files ur tax