Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   How is life as a doctor in Singapore? (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/793-how-life-doctor-singapore.html)

Unregistered 15-11-2021 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 190056)
I'm not the writer who wrote the long essay originally, just defending him/her because you're being a toxic mf.

I think balancing both side of the forum.

Honestly, i dont think doctoring is a good career. There are easier ways to have a live and also earn your keep. Hence from this aspect we need to give the doctors due respect. They have choose to earn less to do the society a good.

I think its an acknowledgement that doctors while respected in society are middle income in singapore and this trend is likely to worsen.

I believe that we will be seeing more foreign doctors in singapore to reduce the healthcare cost. I dont think i will be complaining. As long as the cost is kept down. I think healthcare is an operating cost.

Without being offensive. i think the junior doctors of this group if unable to accept this should leave the medical service to do something else.

Thank you for contributing to society. We depends on good doctors so that we keep healthy to create wealth

Unregistered 16-11-2021 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 190063)
I think balancing both side of the forum.

Honestly, i dont think doctoring is a good career. There are easier ways to have a live and also earn your keep. Hence from this aspect we need to give the doctors due respect. They have choose to earn less to do the society a good.

I think its an acknowledgement that doctors while respected in society are middle income in singapore and this trend is likely to worsen.

I believe that we will be seeing more foreign doctors in singapore to reduce the healthcare cost. I dont think i will be complaining. As long as the cost is kept down. I think healthcare is an operating cost.

Without being offensive. i think the junior doctors of this group if unable to accept this should leave the medical service to do something else.

Thank you for contributing to society. We depends on good doctors so that we keep healthy to create wealth

With the internet and easy google search there is no need for doctors who dont do procedures anymore.
Govt should revamp system allow people to buy their own medicines and treat themselves. Will further lower healthcare costs. Something for govt to consider.

Unregistered 16-11-2021 04:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 190139)
With the internet and easy google search there is no need for doctors who dont do procedures anymore.
Govt should revamp system allow people to buy their own medicines and treat themselves. Will further lower healthcare costs. Something for govt to consider.

Why stop there though. Should just let people operate on themselves or each other too right?

Unregistered 16-11-2021 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 190147)
Why stop there though. Should just let people operate on themselves or each other too right?

Also can. MOH should produce several videos showing people how to give anesthesia. How to operate. How to setup operating room at home etc.
Will save a lot of money. No need hospitals anymore. Like Open medical school online.

Unregistered 16-11-2021 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 190139)

Ohhh ya…. So smart!
Maybe also have vending machines to sell medicines like ivermectin? Can cause more organ failures to give our transplant surgeons some business. Too little case volume now.
Maybe walk in coin slot CT scans too… can irradiate more people to give oncologists more business.
You are absolutely brilliant. Why aren’t you the one making our policies?

Unregistered 16-11-2021 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 190150)
Ohhh ya…. So smart!
Maybe also have vending machines to sell medicines like ivermectin? Can cause more organ failures to give our transplant surgeons some business. Too little case volume now.
Maybe walk in coin slot CT scans too… can irradiate more people to give oncologists more business.

Oh, but maybe dont be so emotional.

I think maybe for the first time in their lives, doctors job at threat.

But doctors drive up healthcare cost. Non procedure doctors are not value adding. I think medications should be direct consumer and let patient decide on if they want to see doctors.
Just like direct sale property instead of via agent

Unregistered 16-11-2021 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 190150)
Ohhh ya…. So smart!

You just wait and see. Public demand will push innovation.
Nowadays can buy your own point of care ultrasound probe as well.

Unregistered 16-11-2021 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 190153)
You just wait and see. Public demand will push innovation.
Nowadays can buy your own point of care ultrasound probe as well.

Point of care US probe?

Whats that?

Unregistered 16-11-2021 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bia466 (Post 190215)
Lots of sugar mammies in Singapore are looking for to satisfy them in bed, but the problem is keeping secret. They are ready to take care of you financially and pay good amount of money above 3000 and 5000 weekly Contact details +6597792481

Very tempting 😏

Unregistered 16-11-2021 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 190151)
Oh, but maybe dont be so emotional.

I think maybe for the first time in their lives, doctors job at threat.

But doctors drive up healthcare cost. Non procedure doctors are not value adding. I think medications should be direct consumer and let patient decide on if they want to see doctors.
Just like direct sale property instead of via agent

Medications that are direct to consumer is already happening in most 3rd world countries.
Maybe you can read up on what happened in those countries.