Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   How is life as a doctor in Singapore? (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/793-how-life-doctor-singapore.html)

Unregistered 12-08-2022 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 227931)
Actually i got a question, am quite interested in medicolegal things as a doctor, how to further interest in the public sector?

do something stupid like give wrong medicine, your interest will be furthered for your by SMC

Unregistered 12-08-2022 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 227931)
Actually i got a question, am quite interested in medicolegal things as a doctor, how to further interest in the public sector?

reach out to medical protection society (mps). ask them for resources and contacts with the medicolegal defense law firms, and say u wanna to collab. i believe mps covers private practice doctors and senior public healthcare doctors.

clickhappy 12-08-2022 03:56 PM

American Board Certified Emergency Physician

Hi - For an American board certified emergency physician with 15 years experience in the US what is the annual salary in Singapore and are there open positions either at the hospitals // locums? Alternately, are there private concierge groups that provide urgent care that are looking for new providers?
If there are any physicians on the forum who have advice on establishing a career here in Singapore, I would appreciate it.

Unregistered 13-08-2022 08:23 PM

any idea how to join the locum google groups

Unregistered 14-08-2022 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 228079)
any idea how to join the locum google groups

Email MOHH hr for locum lobang

Unregistered 14-08-2022 08:42 AM

if u got time to locum got time to MMED. see if you make the minimum standard of a family physician.

Unregistered 14-08-2022 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 227923)
Ask yourself, when u get into trouble who will be expert witness against u. GDFM? or FCFPS. then u have your answer. good luck trying to defend yourself in court.

========
FYI an expert witness can be anyone who sees similar cases on a daily basis

Unregistered 14-08-2022 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 228089)
if u got time to locum got time to MMED. see if you make the minimum standard of a family physician.

=============
i already have MMED but i dont see the point staying on in polyclinic as I cannot accept staying back late on a daily basis to clear the large numbers of " walk in patients who expect the world"

I feel its unfair that my work hours is 8-5 , but im staying back till 6-630 with no additional remuneration. At least if i switch to locuming , I can get paid for myhard work on an hourly basis

If anyone knows how to join the locum google groups pls drop the link here thanks.
snarky commends are unwarranted. MMED is not a big deal, I have it and it holds no value nowadays unless u do fellowship in polyclinic. everyone has mmed.

Lastly, in polyclinic i am a slave to the patients. If the patient complians, my boss always supports the patients. whats the point

Unregistered 14-08-2022 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 228094)
=============
i already have MMED but i dont see the point staying on in polyclinic as I cannot accept staying back late on a daily basis to clear the large numbers of " walk in patients who expect the world"

I feel its unfair that my work hours is 8-5 , but im staying back till 6-630 with no additional remuneration. At least if i switch to locuming , I can get paid for myhard work on an hourly basis

If anyone knows how to join the locum google groups pls drop the link here thanks.
snarky commends are unwarranted. MMED is not a big deal, I have it and it holds no value nowadays unless u do fellowship in polyclinic. everyone has mmed.

Lastly, in polyclinic i am a slave to the patients. If the patient complians, my boss always supports the patients. whats the point

If you got time to mmed u got time to fcfps. you’re cocky just because we let you pass mmed. now want to shame patients now? is this becoming of a competent family physician? return your license please

Unregistered 14-08-2022 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 228096)
If you got time to mmed u got time to fcfps. you’re cocky just because we let you pass mmed. now want to shame patients now? is this becoming of a competent family physician? return your license please

I have no interest in FCPS. While im young I want to work hard , willing to work long hours and make more money so I can invest more an retire early. My friends earn 20-30 k per month locuming as they are working long hours. This will be possible only while im in my young 30s, not possible once im in my 40s. Not willing to give up the possible higher income for FCFPS