Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Ways to increase income (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/7852-ways-increase-income.html)

Unregistered 05-09-2016 08:39 PM

It depends, what is your academic qualification and work experience?

Unregistered 05-09-2016 08:56 PM

I have joined a few pay-to-click websites and survey websites.
I make around 300-400 per month.

Unregistered 05-09-2016 09:10 PM

Part time property agent. Used to be able to close a few deals and make 10k+ each month, but recently downturn lucky to close 1 deal a month which net commission 4-6k depending on property.

poorguy 05-09-2016 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 90167)
The eaton fund you are buying does not pay out dividend of 10% yield (i.e. 7% net). What it does is buy into some dividend stocks then sell call options of the underlying securities and payout the dividends + option proceeds to investors.

The drawback of this technique is that it will never get capital appreciation from the underlying securities as anytime the stocks go above strike the option holders will exercise their rights and the fund will be forced to liquidate at lower price. However when the price of the underlying stocks go down, the fund has no counter balance in hedges and will absorb the full write downs.

Long term effect is you have high dividends and deprecating unit price. The fund has dropped by close to 60% since inception due to falling NAV. Out of the 10% yield, I estimate only ~3% are real dividends, the remaining is just round about capital returns. This is not something newbies with little money should be buying.

My 2c.

Definitely more than 2c worth thanks!

poorguy 05-09-2016 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 90170)
This OP is c0ckhead of the year.

Such funds are special setups that cater to niche US investors to lower effective total tax rate compared to just buying direct.

In Sg we have no withholding, capital gains, cross-balancing or income tax credits. He end up donating 30% of capital gain to the US treasury vs invest normally and paying 15% standard tax on liquidation.

Does resorting to calling people names made u feel superior?
Learn from the poster before u, his 2c worth is more constructive than yours.
Why don't u share your experience or investment with us instead?

poorguy 05-09-2016 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 90169)
I do a bit of part time online projects for startups, usually can make 30-40k extra a year.

What kind of online jobs are u doing?
I had a few jobs from upwork.com but didn't pay that we'll and tons of engineers from India offering their services at absurb low pay.

poorguy 05-09-2016 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 90171)
It depends, what is your academic qualification and work experience?

I only have 2nd lower engineering degree from NUS and working in semiconductor fab for few years.

Unregistered 06-09-2016 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poorguy (Post 90181)
I only have 2nd lower engineering degree from NUS and working in semiconductor fab for few years.

Since you work 9-5, why not be an uber driver at night and during weekends?
Can make extra money to pay for your car.

Unregistered 06-09-2016 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poorguy (Post 90181)
I only have 2nd lower engineering degree from NUS and working in semiconductor fab for few years.U

Perfect to teach tuition in AE Math Physics Chem. Jus teach three kids over the weekends. 6 h per week. Assuming pay 80 bucks ph, u can get close to 2K. If want to work harder can take more students and earn 2K plus.

poorguy 06-09-2016 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 90194)
Perfect to teach tuition in AE Math Physics Chem. Jus teach three kids over the weekends. 6 h per week. Assuming pay 80 bucks ph, u can get close to 2K. If want to work harder can take more students and earn 2K plus.

Hi. Can share or pm where you find the students?
I did sign up for some agencies but they prefer current school teachers.
Thanks again!