Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Lawyer Salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/771-lawyer-salary.html)

Unregistered 03-02-2016 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 79212)
What a loser. Are you sure you studied law? I just came into this thread and couldn't help myself when I saw a poser from some crap UK school trying to pontificate and coo. Yeah, it's you, stop trying to hide behind your **** grades and **** school.

I am not even a lawyer or a law wannabe. I am in M&A banking, and you losers just do our paperwork.

I won't even be bothered to feed you my education details because it's obvious to everyone how stupid and uneducated you are.

I'm sorry but who cares if you are in M&A banking. The bank haven't retrench you?

Unregistered 03-02-2016 10:19 AM

I don't know why but, from a glance, it seems that the 2/3 UK grads commenting on this thread do not even have a good command of the English language... They sound like polytechnic/SIM students. I hope that this is

Anyway, this table is probably quite a fair reflection.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 77109)
Here's the prestige ranking in my opinion:

1) Oxford & cambridge first class honours
2) NUS, SMU, LSE, UCL first class honours / summa cum laude. Ranked equally are oxford/cambridge non-first-class.
3) NUS, SMU, LSE, UCL good second uppers / magna cum laude. Ranked equally are first class honours from King's College London.
4) NUS, SMU, LSE, UCL poor second uppers / cum laude. Ranked equally are first class from other decent UK schools.
5) NUS, SMU, LSE, UCL second lowers / non-cum-laude. Ranked equally are all other UK and Australian degrees, e.g. nottingham, bristol, [insert other random name] etc.

Unregistered 03-02-2016 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 79214)
I'm sorry but who cares if you are in M&A banking. The bank haven't retrench you?

Well, if you are a lawyer, you will know that you're just one of our dogs who does the paperwork? Or wait, didn't you get your law degree from some degree mill?

I go to a top school in the US, and it makes me cringe when posers who cannot even make it to local unis try to yaya papaya and think they are elite because they PAID money to matriculate in some third rate US/UK school.

Unregistered 03-02-2016 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 79215)
I don't know why but, from a glance, it seems that the 2/3 UK grads commenting on this thread do not even have a good command of the English language... They sound like polytechnic/SIM students. I hope that this is

Anyway, this table is probably quite a fair reflection.

OMG! What a funny table. hahahahha.. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!

Unregistered 03-02-2016 11:03 AM

I'm pretty curious why local grads don't dare to compete with oxbridge/ harvard? just because they are top few unis? didn't you knw that UK academic structure is more or less the same across all? ranking depend on the number of published research papers. oh well, command of english won't justify whether that person is in which uni. anyone can fake it poorly. looking at the number of singaporeans giving up local uni for UK uni can justify alot of thing. infact, there are huge no. of sg left for UK uni not because they couldn't go local uni, but because they had foresee how the world will change in the next 5-10 years time. our uni attracts only PRC because of free scholarship. but those richie in china, they sent their kids to UK/US and the western dont even bother to come obtain our cert.

see the differences?

Unregistered 03-02-2016 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 79223)
I'm pretty curious why local grads don't dare to compete with oxbridge/ harvard? just because they are top few unis? didn't you knw that UK academic structure is more or less the same across all? ranking depend on the number of published research papers. oh well, command of english won't justify whether that person is in which uni. anyone can fake it poorly. looking at the number of singaporeans giving up local uni for UK uni can justify alot of thing. infact, there are huge no. of sg left for UK uni not because they couldn't go local uni, but because they had foresee how the world will change in the next 5-10 years time. our uni attracts only PRC because of free scholarship. but those richie in china, they sent their kids to UK/US and the western dont even bother to come obtain our cert.

see the differences?

What the f_uck are you even writing man?

And why are you bringing up schools that will never accept you? Do you even know Oxbridge or Harvard grads? Hahhahaha.

You seriously need to stop by my office. We need a good laugh from a clown. Tell you what, if you perform well, we will let you take photos with real Harvard/Oxbridge grads. Deal? Hahahah.

Unregistered 03-02-2016 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 79224)
What the f_uck are you even writing man?

And why are you bringing up schools that will never accept you? Do you even know Oxbridge or Harvard grads? Hahhahaha.

You seriously need to stop by my office. We need a good laugh from a clown. Tell you what, if you perform well, we will let you take photos with real Harvard/Oxbridge grads. Deal? Hahahah.

hahhaha who are you? why do i even need to take photos with real harvard / oxbridge grads or even with you? wait wait.. maybe a photo with local loser like you is good!

Unregistered 03-02-2016 01:26 PM

nice looking at a bunch of fools and arrogant local law grads :)

Unregistered 03-02-2016 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 79236)
hahhaha who are you? why do i even need to take photos with real harvard / oxbridge grads or even with you? wait wait.. maybe a photo with local loser like you is good!

LOL @ this SIM clown.

Confirmed must be from SIM.

WAAAHHH 03-02-2016 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 79099)
Who said anything about whether NUS was better than UK? the point that was made is that it is far easier to get a FCH or 2.1 in law in the UK compared to NUS (and SMU). Whether or not other countries accept an NUS degree (they don't) is a completely different matter altogether.

And why are we talking about MNCs/CSs in a thread that focuses on qualifying as lawyers in Singapore? Where Singapore law firms are concerned, it is quite clear that there is a (slight) bias towards local grads, but IMO this bias may be made up for by the fact that it is easier to get better grades in the UK. So a 2.2 in NUS may in fact be disadvantaged because there is a good chance that he could have gotten 2.1 in Bristol/Nottingham or even UCL/KCL. Plus the fact that it is very possible to get a UK TC if one graduates from a UK uni, which is near impossible to get if one graduates from NUS/SMU, means that going to a reputable UK uni may be the best option if one can afford it.

Hey buddy, in the UK, your grades are subjected to external moderation, so it doesn't really matter which university you go to, grades are standardised by external moderators and examiners from other universities.

Someone who goes to Uni of East London will have his papers reviewed and adjusted by a team of external moderators, maybe from Uni of Manchester or whatever.

This ensures somewhat equal grading standards throughout the whole of the UK, it is a basic tenet on which higher education in the UK is built upon.

In fact, it is well known that almost all of Oxford's graduates get a 2:1 or first class degree, virtually non of them fail or get a third class because they are all at 2:1/1st level nationally. If you want to get a 1st or 2:1, go to Oxbridge, it is almost guaranteed.