Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Lawyer Salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/771-lawyer-salary.html)

Unregistered 22-05-2020 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 134820)
The other poster isnt wrong either. AGC’s low base is made up with full pay during Part B and TC as well as good bonus. So even if you start at less than 5k, it can match Big 4 in early years overall.

^

Keep in mind that the ~6k pm you get at big 4 as a NQ is frontloaded.

The 4k+ salary you hear about at AGC is before bonus, which can go up to 3-4 months a year i.e. you can take that monthly salary and increase it by ~30%.

You do the math.

Unregistered 22-05-2020 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 134828)
^

Keep in mind that the ~6k pm you get at big 4 as a NQ is frontloaded.

The 4k+ salary you hear about at AGC is before bonus, which can go up to 3-4 months a year i.e. you can take that monthly salary and increase it by ~30%.

You do the math.

How does AGC compare to magic circle firms’ 14k pm for NQs?

Unregistered 22-05-2020 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 134835)

Cannot compare.

Unregistered 22-05-2020 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 134835)

I'll give you the answer you really need:

No, you'll never be drawing that salary. No, it's not because they discriminate against local grades or they only hire via connections. Yes, it's because you spend your time making troll comments like that on internet forums instead on working on bettering your career.

Unregistered 22-05-2020 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 134836)
Cannot compare.

Game over for the internationals, US is not recovering anytime soon given they are hit terribly. If you are still keen though, google the firm's name to check for furloughs or pay cuts. That way you can gauge your prospects.

You can join but don't expect bonus or job security

Unregistered 22-05-2020 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 134806)
I can attest to this. The other poster is clearly clueless about AGC’s salary. There’s no way AGC’s pay is higher than big 4 at any level. Increment at big 4 is also leaps and bounds above AGC’s. Your info is outdated terribly.

Should compare annual package after taking into account aggregate bonus.

Unregistered 22-05-2020 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 134843)
Should compare annual package after taking into account aggregate bonus.

I find it funny how some people from JVs call themselves the international firm when they are working on Singapore law issues. Good job prospects I guess

Unregistered 22-05-2020 02:06 PM

Which JVs are you referring to? FLAs? There are too many nowadays!

What’s the pay like for these pseudo internationals, Stamford and KW? Some of these seem to be set up by partners from the internationals - presumably the pay should be the same?

Unregistered 22-05-2020 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 134852)
Which JVs are you referring to? FLAs? There are too many nowadays!

What’s the pay like for these pseudo internationals, Stamford and KW? Some of these seem to be set up by partners from the internationals - presumably the pay should be the same?

I heard from my friends who used to be there, that the pay for the assocs on the SG side of those two firms remained the same. Dunno if still true now.

Unregistered 22-05-2020 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 134861)
I heard from my friends who used to be there, that the pay for the assocs on the SG side of those two firms remained the same. Dunno if still true now.

Welcome to the gravy train (or not, seeing as internationals are doing badly)