Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Lawyer Salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/771-lawyer-salary.html)

Unregistered 21-05-2020 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 134745)
I mean the salary increases from 3PQE -> 4PQE, which is typically where an assoc makes senior associate. This increment is substantially more than previous increments.

This is true. To be more specific, this is somewhere around 30 months after you get called to the Bar (i.e. January of year you get your 3 PQE), where in a big-4 firm your pay is bumped up more than usual.

Unregistered 21-05-2020 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 134733)
Hey everyone, does everyone know the payscale of the AGC as compared to the Big4.

Specifically, alot of seniors in the civil sector claim that their pay is not too different (or even exceeds the Big4 pay in total compensation in the first 3-5 years). Does anyone know if that is true?

What I've heard so far:
- I know the big4 progression will be approximately, 500 part b, 2k trainee, 5.8k NQ, 800-900 every following year till PQE4-5.
- I know that the AGC pays full salary for graduates during part b and TC (meaning 6 months additional salary compared to the 500 part b allowance and 2k trainee honorarium). But what is their pay for a 1st class degree, and what's the pay for a 2nd upper?

Is this accurate?

Also, is the bonus situation very different? I heard that the big4 tends to pay 2 months (on top of the frontloaded bonus) - is the 2months based on the frontloaded salary or the "actual" salary - ergo is it 4k*2 or 6k*2?

For the AGC, is the bonus really about 4months or has that been exaggerated? If anyone can help to create a chart of total compensation for AGC as compared to big4, it would be greatly appreciated!

Based completely on hearsay, I don't think the AGC bonus info you've heard is exaggerated.

That said, I've heard that the actual numbers are subject to OSA so I don't think anyone is going to tell you plainly?

For big4, it's 1-3 months based on the front-load included. So that's closer to the $6k * 2 on your example.

Unregistered 21-05-2020 04:48 PM

Does anyone know how competitive are AGC applications?

Unregistered 21-05-2020 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 134779)
Does anyone know how competitive are AGC applications?

NUS and London / Oxbridge only

Unregistered 21-05-2020 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 134733)
Hey everyone, does everyone know the payscale of the AGC as compared to the Big4.

Specifically, alot of seniors in the civil sector claim that their pay is not too different (or even exceeds the Big4 pay in total compensation in the first 3-5 years). Does anyone know if that is true?

What I've heard so far:
- I know the big4 progression will be approximately, 500 part b, 2k trainee, 5.8k NQ, 800-900 every following year till PQE4-5.
- I know that the AGC pays full salary for graduates during part b and TC (meaning 6 months additional salary compared to the 500 part b allowance and 2k trainee honorarium). But what is their pay for a 1st class degree, and what's the pay for a 2nd upper?

Is this accurate?

Also, is the bonus situation very different? I heard that the big4 tends to pay 2 months (on top of the frontloaded bonus) - is the 2months based on the frontloaded salary or the "actual" salary - ergo is it 4k*2 or 6k*2?

For the AGC, is the bonus really about 4months or has that been exaggerated? If anyone can help to create a chart of total compensation for AGC as compared to big4, it would be greatly appreciated!

I hope you are not joining for all the wrong reasons.

Unregistered 21-05-2020 11:35 PM

lol ask so much about salary and progression for fug, get an offer first then talk

Unregistered 22-05-2020 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 134800)
lol ask so much about salary and progression for fug, get an offer first then talk

Ya this forum. I am a Leicester 1st class and I am better than NUS 2.1 or SMU cum laude. I am better than all of you who keep talking about delisted schools and how we don't know the law. I am at a US law firm, can you guys do better.

Unregistered 22-05-2020 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 134802)
Ya this forum. I am a Leicester 1st class and I am better than NUS 2.1 or SMU cum laude. I am better than all of you who keep talking about delisted schools and how we don't know the law. I am at a US law firm, can you guys do better.

I should moderate this forum. This is salary.sg. Put your money where your mouth is and stop talking about salary

Unregistered 22-05-2020 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 134741)
FCH with NS = 4.8k starting

I can attest to this. The other poster is clearly clueless about AGC’s salary. There’s no way AGC’s pay is higher than big 4 at any level. Increment at big 4 is also leaps and bounds above AGC’s. Your info is outdated terribly.

Unregistered 22-05-2020 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 134793)
NUS and London / Oxbridge only

Not true. Unlike white shoe firms, AGC is pretty lenient in its hiring.