Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Lawyer Salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/771-lawyer-salary.html)

Unregistered 30-07-2019 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 122211)
Top 3, you are referring to ANU, Sydney, Melbourne. Melbourne has the highest entry requirement out of the three. It is a hot spot for poly student to upgrade themselves. if u can get gpa 3.0, u can get into most of its courses. i think you have to get minimum 3.5 to even get into NUS fass. Naturally, given its low entry requirements, most people will not have a good impression of melbourne.

Generally is there a significant difference between the mid/lower tiers of UK and AUS unis?
Also has anyone had experience with the SUSS law program?

Unregistered 30-07-2019 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 122253)
Generally is there a significant difference between the mid/lower tiers of UK and AUS unis?
Also has anyone had experience with the SUSS law program?

don't attempt to enter the legal profession

there are more fulfilling jobs out there

Unregistered 30-07-2019 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 122257)
don't attempt to enter the legal profession

there are more fulfilling jobs out there

My dream is to be a litigator though

Unregistered 30-07-2019 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 122259)
My dream is to be a litigator though

troll aren't you?

Go intern at a litigation department first. You'll change your mind in a jiffy. Promise.

Unregistered 30-07-2019 12:30 PM

Hi, I wanted to ask: what are the prospects like for Singaporeans working in US firms in the UK that have no Singapore offices? What are their options generally like when they return say around 2-3PQE?

Unregistered 30-07-2019 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 122264)
Hi, I wanted to ask: what are the prospects like for Singaporeans working in US firms in the UK that have no Singapore offices? What are their options generally like when they return say around 2-3PQE?

They can return as senior associates to the big4 in SG.

Unregistered 30-07-2019 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 122269)
They can return as senior associates to the big4 in SG.

Is that what they tend to do? I would’ve thought they would seek to transfer to MCs or other White Shoes here.

Unregistered 31-07-2019 04:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 122283)
Is that what they tend to do? I would’ve thought they would seek to transfer to MCs or other White Shoes here.

Actually most tend to go to Duke-NUS medical school to do a postgrad medicine degree and they go on to become house officers.

Unregistered 31-07-2019 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 122283)

Yes. That would be your best bet.

Unregistered 31-07-2019 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 122288)
Actually most tend to go to Duke-NUS medical school to do a postgrad medicine degree and they go on to become house officers.

Not a bad choice.
There's this DJ who got his medical degree and then took up a law degree. I appeared before him once and i couldn't believe it when i read his history. Nice kind fellow too.