Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Lawyer Salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/771-lawyer-salary.html)

Unregistered 17-04-2018 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 106605)
Do not worry I say. Cos in the end, even if a person gets retained, ultimately burnout in the profession is real. Ppl quit.

I know that a certain JLV in MBFC is not retaining everyone

Alternatively the big four and a certain JLV in MBFC, including medium sized firms are putting their associates on paralegal packages (with an extended probation to see if they are cut out for legal practice). Bear in mind that if you don’t hold a valid PC or an associate title your Pqe doesn’t run.

Anyway the scene is pretty bad. Go check Michael page salary report.
A 3-5 PQE lawyer can expect between s$70k to 120k that’s v little

Unregistered 17-04-2018 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 106606)
Alternatively the big four and a certain JLV in MBFC, including medium sized firms are putting their associates on paralegal packages (with an extended probation to see if they are cut out for legal practice). Bear in mind that if you don’t hold a valid PC or an associate title your Pqe doesn’t run.

I agree. thats why i joined in house after tc and called. at least my "PQE" still run as in house haha

Unregistered 17-04-2018 10:01 AM

A cautionary tale - just know that some trainees in a particular firm in MBFC is not going to get retained due to poor reviews by the seniors they have nominated.

Next time be smarter pls. Don’t nominate seniors that don’t like you.

Unregistered 17-04-2018 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 106609)
A cautionary tale - just know that some trainees in a particular firm in MBFC is not going to get retained due to poor reviews by the seniors they have nominated.

How Am I supposed to know? In front of me they were all so friendly and could chit-chat. I am very disappointed that behind my back, they gave me -ve reviews.

Unregistered 17-04-2018 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 106610)
How Am I supposed to know? In front of me they were all so friendly and could chit-chat. I am very disappointed that behind my back, they gave me -ve reviews.

Is this your first day in law? The most friendly person is the most dangerous. The dao kid is the safest bet.

Unregistered 17-04-2018 04:52 PM

going home on time at 5pm. fk it.

Unregistered 17-04-2018 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 106609)

Wtf, how to know that seniors don’t like you?

Unregistered 17-04-2018 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 106616)
Wtf, how to know that seniors don’t like you?

actually if you cant even tell if your seniors like or dislike you then maybe u should work on your 'soft skills'?

Unregistered 17-04-2018 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 106606)

2018 or 2017 report? For 2017, the 3-5PQE band is between $70k to $150k for local firms.

That's crazy variance. Even finance doesn't have such a wide salary band.

Clearly some firms (Big 4) are paying good and other mid tiers are paying dried shrivelled peanuts.

Unregistered 17-04-2018 11:21 PM

This R&X alr informed the trainees about retention?