Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Lawyer Salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/771-lawyer-salary.html)

Unregistered 26-03-2018 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 106160)
Agree. Local law firms are paying too little.

Compared to HK, UK, US,

singapore NQ lawyers salary is a joke

For years it hasn’t risen much

I even heard some law firms requesting trainees after TC to switch to paralegal roles (if not won’t get retained)—- Is this true?

as usual they will say crap like market is bad, downward pressure on fees, economic downturn blah blah.

meanwhile the partners are still raking in more and more $$$ every year.

if you follow legal industry magazines & journals, you will know that most of the big US firms got a major NQ salary bump in 2018 and UK City firms have been steadily raising their NQ (and trainee) salaries year after year since 2015. and whenever London raises, Hong Kong follows suit

Unregistered 27-03-2018 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 106160)
Agree. Local law firms are paying too little.

Compared to HK, UK, US,

singapore NQ lawyers salary is a joke

For years it hasn’t risen much

I even heard some law firms requesting trainees after TC to switch to paralegal roles (if not won’t get retained)—- Is this true?

How did you get to hear about this?
It’s supoosed to be a hush hush thing when the firm tells
it’s prospective trainees so as not to demoralize them.

On positive side, the law firm wins because it can hire a trained lawyer and pay him a paralegal executive salary

For the “lawyer”, he has a job.

Unregistered 27-03-2018 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 105781)
How you know the figures? I thought the latest batch not yet done their supplemental papers.

I dont think the figures quoted by the other guy is correct. I heard from some sources that 1/6 of the cohort failed more than 3 papers for part B. This means those 1/6 have no further recourse by way of supp paper.

Anyway the ones resitting only finished their supp papers last week so we have to wait for the results.

Unregistered 27-03-2018 09:13 PM

This is your managing partner. Stop posting on this forum and get back to billing.

Unregistered 28-03-2018 08:46 PM

Law is such a cutthroat environment. My boss told me if I ever find a job elsewhere, he will make sure my life will be a living nightmare

Unregistered 29-03-2018 02:23 AM

Life in law sucks!

2.30 am and I am leaving office. 4 hours later need to be up and back.
FML seriously.

Unregistered 29-03-2018 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 106238)
Law is such a cutthroat environment. My boss told me if I ever find a job elsewhere, he will make sure my life will be a living nightmare

come on you really believe that?

Unregistered 29-03-2018 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 106251)
come on you really believe that?

Give you an example. I went Firm XX for interview.
Then one day later boss show me email said he going lunch with Boss A of Firm XX.
How like that

Unregistered 29-03-2018 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 106252)
Then one day later boss show me email said he going lunch with Boss A of Firm XX.
How like that

Are those chinatown law firms or what? Dont need to worry that much. He will not be that free to keep stalking on you and which firms you are going. Just do what you should/want and not be bother by all this crap.

Cheers.

Unregistered 29-03-2018 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 106252)
How like that

lol. so? even the courts believe in free movement of labour
what can you boss do?